So It's Back To First Principles

I’m not sure why I think this, but this looks like a WTF moment to me from Crooks. I get the impression he was dumbfounded that someone shot at him. Maybe he’s just dazed from the bullet but it seems like such an odd reaction.

2 Likes

Yup, laymans semantics not meant for scientific specificity. Obviously the MLOK ATLAS rail and handguard would be the thing to rest on the ridgecap, considering only maybe a couple inches of the end of the barrel are protruding.

2 Likes

Stick around, you’re doing great things and work here!

1 Like

Wind can play a huge impact. At reported 10 knots, that’s a 4" drift. Gusting winds can be difficult to track without spotter. The wind at the muzzle will have a bigger impact than winds at POI.

Was it Mike Tyson that first said, “Everyone has a plan until he gets punched in the face.” A different spin on the old military concept that “Plans change because the enemy gets a vote.”

Whether Crooks was on a suicide mission, to die on the rooftop or in an IED car, or thought he’d escape, being shot at likely caused a reality check and he had somewhere else to be …

4 Likes

Several commenters have recently expressed their doubt regarding the height of the Speedy Bleachers that was struck by the same bullet that grazed President Trump’s ear. I’m the guy that provided the initial drawing of the bleachers after discovering the brand name in one of the shooting videos seen in the news. The drawing that I found on-line and posted, did not include a dimension for vertical height, rather only a total dimension front to rear of 231" or 19’ 3". I downloaded the drawing and using a CAD program, “traced” the original .jpg copy, splitting pixels, making it as accurate as possible. Believe me, I’m detail oriented … enough so that I’ve been accused of being the President of the National Nitpicker’s Association. The actual height dimension that came out of that drawing was 11’ 1 27/64" but I thought 11’ 1 1/2" was close enough … and I knew that everybody in the forum would think I was cra-cra if I got down to 64ths. Obviously, overall height is affected by leveling, loading, tire pressure, etc. Anyway, I’ll stick with 11’ 1 1/2" until I get an opportunity to measure one myself.

Also, I noted that the drawing from Speedy Bleachers shows that the top rail across the back is a 3" tall, 1 1/2" wide, 3/16" wall steel rectangular tube that I’m certain is galvanized. Recently, a newcomer to the conversation, KHunter, theorized that the bleacher is 11’ tall and that the bullet struck 4" below that height. If that were correct, it probably wouldn’t have hit anything as it would have missed that top rail. Possible to hit one of the 5/8" vertical balusters, but not likely. Unfortunately, the patriotic bunting was draped across the back of the bleachers, obscuring our view of where the bullet actually struck. BTW, I still think that the cloud is the galvanizing on the back side of the top rail being vaporized.

Note to daniloraf, see KHunter’s post to see why you are mistaken regarding the Speedy Bleachers being 12’ 2" in height.

Cloud

We’ll have to agree to disagree. It was only a 140-yard shot. A pro would’ve made that calculation instantly. I can “almost” make that shot with a bow in those conditions.

1 Like

FBI Butler Updates

Amongst other things of note:

Rifle Analysis

Additionally, regarding the subject’s rifle, the FBI Laboratory Division successfully test fired the weapon, concluding it was—and remains—fully operational.

They also positively matched all eight shell casings located on the roof with the subject’s rifle.

So, according to the FBI, you are correct in assuming it did not in fact damage the buffer tube nor impact the actual operation of the rifle in any way.

1 Like

Hello Schroederized

I was looking at a different website for the specification of the bleachers in question. I do think that we are both looking at the same bleachers. It is just that the specific information sheet on the website that you link to gave the critical value of the height at 11’2".

The website I was looking at was as follows:

It gave a height 12’2". That however, is to the top of the posts at the back.

I too was looking at the side on specification diagram for the bleachers (that does not show the posts) - that being the technical drawing in question. I extrapolated from the 28 inches for the full vertical component. I too was counting pixels. This gave me practically 11 feet exact to the top of the railing. However, if the much larger distance for the 231 inches is used, and again one counts pixels, I get 11.134 ft… This is exceptionally close to 11.166666 feet, which is exactly 11’2".

You have convinced me that the correct answer is 11’2" from the ground up to the back of the railings. This image details both values in question:

I still do think though that the best way to determine the bullet impact is to evaluate the disintegration cloud in the first frame. I looked at the height, and then at the lowest part of the dust cloud, as best as I could determine them. I get 4 inches down from the top of the railing.

In this case then, it is 4 inches down from 11’2", which gives 10’10" or 10.8333333 feet.

Regarding Donald Trump’s height, I got this reference from an official physical evaluation from the Whitehouse.

This gives 6’ 3"

Here is a screenshot of it, where I have highlighted the critical value:

I did see another one which expressed the value in inches, at 75 inches, which is the same as 6’ 3":

1 Like

-VE

1 Like

“AI” in general is basically a tireless propaganda babbler. ChatGPT is one of the ones that is utterly unapologetic about being part of the Ministry of Truth.

5 Likes

Ok… I just read his post below. It’s fair that the 12’2" would be from ground to the top of those posts.

Ok, that’s fair. I see it now. Granted, a manufacturer would use those posts as the total height, instead of the rail.

I hadn’t seen seen this video with the pans before (usually they just show crooks in front of agr6). On the pan, I could see 2 things that drew my attention (circled in red). 1) The window of AGR7 and something in it, most likely a sniper, of course. That’s the window close to that vertical AC duct, and 2) what appears to be that white hat guy sitting in that wall where Crooks was photographed. Is there a guy sitting there at that wall, circled in red or it’s something else?

Don’t forget I captured my monitor playing the tmz video with my cellphone on Aug1st, case and recoil, and posted it on Chris’ X… Just click and scroll up…
https://x.com/Danilo8313/status/1819202486411895149

Then I have to read from another member (or staff) that TMZ altered it weeks after, coincidentally when it was noticed by the forum that the video file on the dropbox wasn’t any good. What is this?

This is my original post where I initially calculated the time of the WTAE video. The link is below:

Gotcha - Found the Elvis song. Elvis Presley – If I Can Dream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-pP_dCenJA

The video on the RSBN was exactly when this video of Elvis ended. So I got a timeline from RSBN. Synchronised with the WTAE clip… and we have timestamp. The WTAE Clip that KINCSES Zsolt has linked starts at 17:06:49. You first spot Crooks at the left corner at 17:06:54.

Approximates
RSBN – Shots fired: 06:42:54 Actual time: 18:11:33
RSBN – Elvis stops: 05:40:02 Actual time: 17:08:41
RSBN – WTAE starts: 05:38:10 Actual time: 17:06:49

WTEA with Sound - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UojlcfpSFZs&t=4s

2 Likes

@vegaspatriot @cmartenson @sorey
Here is the release of the latest timeline document, Version 1.5.

Timeline - 2024-09-02 - Ver 1.05.pdf (952.2 KB)

The most important changes:

• Incrementally improved the detail, grammar and accuracy of the document.
  • Updated the timeline as per the updated FBI timeline released on 2024-08-28
  • Updated the timeline as per the updated Sen. Ron Johnson timeline released on 2024-08-29
  • Standardised the abbreviations and names of the different officers and agents as requested. The shorthand descriptions are added in the first page.
  • Clarified the timeline of communication regarding Crooks from 17:32 to 18:02. This includes what Nicol sent, when he got reaction, when the message was received, etc. This document was previously very unclear about this and should now be more accurate as per existing evidence.
  • Added the time USSS counter snipers take their position.
  • Added estimated moment USSS counter snipers crouch down.
  • Added section where officers complained about Security and the USSS
  • New video where ESU runs into the barn at 18:09:34 as previously posted. TikTok - Make Your Day
  • Changed the order shots hit spectators according to Mike Bell’s Analysis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihDIQEbUAPI

Some notes as pointed out by member @zatoici

• Changed orange text description from opinions to unverified statements. The idea behind this is even though someone says something in footage, does not mean that it is factual. It can be an opinion or even a blatant lie. To address this, I highlighted it in orange. I must go over the document and just make sure that I caught all instances where this appear, because I am certain I made mistakes.
  • There are multiple Grassley document releases. I tried to add dates at the end of the document when certain official documents were released.
2 Likes

I cannot state any of these for sure, but I can assign some probability/credential to them from gut.

I’ve seen a software several years ago. Experts could give probabilities to events. And the events have been arranged in a tree graph, as reason-consequence relation.

As I remember, a chief sniper (from Israel) said something like this:
To be a professional you need 12 month training,
not just shoot once a week and peel potatoes on the other days.

I have heared like this: “No war plans survive the first gunshot.”