The Surprising Truth About Vitamin D and Why the NIH is Ignoring It

Thanks for the info. I bookmarked that for the future.

Thanks.

Dead Link

Hi Chris, somehow the Odysee link appears to be dead. Maybe it is just my problem.
Best, Milan

Logic And The Govt.

Chris, you keep making the mistake of thinking that government actions are illogical when in reality they are highly logical. You are just using different axioms then they. In the case of the covid response, I believe your axiom is “whatever helps to prevent or alleviate the disease should be pursued,” whereas the political and bureaucratic axiom is and always has been, “Whatever increases my power and influence should be pursued.” (I hold this truth to be self evident and universal.) All the actions these clowns took follow quite logically from there.

5 Likes

I’m originally from Arizona and yes sunshine is marvelous getting out in it for a few hours produces a feeling of wellness. The UV-B rays which our bodies use to produce Vitamin D3 for those dark winter months especially here in the pacific northwest can be supplemented using sun lamps using UVB broadband lamps which do an excellent job. However the further we live from the equator the less UVB is available due to angle of sun rays and the atmosphere. In Dr Michael Holick’s excellent book he goes into great detail the effects to health and resulting illnesses from the sun’s waning UVB rays in the northern latitudes. In fact his studies have shown that above 35 degrees north latitude you are twice as likely to to develop multiple sclerosis…however there is no evidence of MS among Eskimos who eat a diet extremely rich in vitamin D. Dr Holick details a long list of illnesses effected by lack of vitamin D.
“The Vitamin D Solution: A 3-Step Strategy to Cure Our Most Common Health Problems” by Michael F. Holick Ph.D. M.D.

2 Likes

Love the Dminder app! Used it all last summer and it was excellent

1 Like

Simply Incompetent

Taking vitamin-D is a no brainer during the winter, I completely agree with you on that.
On the motivation question I think its a little bit more complicated. In the case of vitamins and such I think many doctors are simply scared of admitting to themselves that this works, because this will force them to question other believes they might have and ask other hard questions, both too themselves, but also too their colleagues. Some people are simply too scared of doing this. They might have to ask: why did I believe this was stupid from the beginning? Am I less component then I think? Was I miss-lead by big Pharma? Are there significant deficiencies in my diet that I might have to remedy? Is sun cream bullshit if it blocks our body from producing vitamin-D? If they take vitamin-D seriously they will have to enter the world of complex systems and this is something many doctors don’t want to scratch the surface of… they are also averse to going down the rabbit hole. It’s something they have never really done. They have mostly been feed information, then just pushed it on without serious questioning.
The narrative that this is something that is not recommended by “them”, as they are often referred to by Chris, is simply false/ over simplified. Sure, there are many incompetent doctors and agencies that don’t understand this and don’t want to understand vitamin-D, but you also have to look at the many establishment organisations and agencies that recommend it.
For example, the World Economic Forum recommends vitamin-D supplementation to help control infections and reduce inflammation. They literally recommend it!
The UK government recommends everyone takes vitamin-D supplements during the fall and winter, even though they recommend a small dose which is a little confusing. They even gave away free vitamin-D supplements during the pandemic!

Cdc Failures Will Spawn Institutional Alternatives

Matt Shapiro says "When the CDC failed in its mission during the pandemic, the marketplace for trustworthy expertise responded with worthy alternatives."Too bad we have no working marketplace these days.
https://polimath.substack.com/p/cdc-failures-will-spawn-institutional?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email
https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F80779ea6-4f94-4d95-9d8b-7442df766031_958x533.png

Aren’t You Curious About The Excluded Studies?

twenty-five citations were also excluded because they had no outcomes of interest”
Unless you have information of what they determined “no outcomes of interest” any analysis is not terribly useful. What if those 25 were studies that couldn’t come to a conclusion, ie, not a definite conclusion that there was any great effect either positive or negative? That would change the weight of the findings of the 5 they eventually decided upon.

I think vitamin-d supplementation makes sense, even though I haven’t been bothered to take them this winter. Very solid safety profile + decent evidence of efficacy is good enough for me. I agree with you though, this specific study is not particularly interesting on its surface when they excluded so many studies from the meta-analysis. The risk of selection bias seems extremely high. I thought this article from Sebastian Rushworth M.D, from December 2021, is still better.

1 Like

I agree. I am continually reduced to listening to the audio (too bad for any visuals) because Odysee ‘cannot find’ your video.

Reasons - Always Just One

Money is the answer.
What was the question?

7 Likes

Vitamin D - Quick 7 Min Video All You Need To Know

https://youtu.be/Ps3LYCGLLG0
This is a 7 min video of the numinous benefits of vitamin D from a guy I respect. Chris Kresser It is part of my daily regimen. Like Chris said it’s cheap, easy and a no brainer.
Chris I love the Fauci voice!! I was literally laughing out loud!

5 Likes

Just Read…

…the Wikipedia page on Vitamin D. It appears that a LARGE slew of disorders are more likely to occur when your vitamin D levels are insufficient.
The sickcare industry CAN’T allow sufficient vitamin D levels.
I liked that most of the Wiki citations were from PRE-Covid years, so there is no Covid-stain on them.

4 Likes

haha nice

1 Like

As far as I know, you can get ivermectin really easy in Africa, as long you are in a malaria region. Maybe ask around under either the people you are going to visit, the travel guide, or local online pharmacies…

1 Like

It was 73 out of 78 that they excluded.
Also, we’re all still waiting for you to answer the main question; why do you come here and post? What’s your desired effect?

5 Likes

Africa!
Have a great trip Mike!
CM

1 Like

There’s one more possible explanation for it. It certainly isn’t ineptitude. Yes power and money play a big role. But really, they just want a whole lot of death. And they’re gonna achieve that goal. The depopulation campaigns under way now will have jaw dropping success.

1 Like

Yes, Doctor Martenson, I can read.
Eleven citations were excluded because of duplicate records.
Sixty-seven citations were screened by title and abstract because they were considered to be relevant.
Forty-five citations were excluded because they were not randomized clinical trials.
Two citations were excluded because of their study design,
and twenty-five citations were also excluded because they had no outcomes of interest.
What was their criteria for “no outcomes of interest”? Aren’t you curious? Shouldn’t you be?
In this case, my purpose is simply trying to point out how absurd I find your language - “indisputable”, “definitive”, and your bashing NIH for taking so long (you think they should have changed their recommendations based on one apparently not peer-reviewed meta study that was published less than a month ago), and concluding “everyone on the panel is corrupt and unethical”.
This is the same pattern I saw early on and made clear in my earliest comments - the conclusions reached here in no way are fully supported by the presented evidence, indicating some sort of agenda on your part. The most obvious one I can see is positioning yourself as the expert researcher, and feeding the audience things to get outraged at, and promising material to paying subscribers that “would be censored” if discussed publically.
Hogwash.