The W.H.O. Just Prioritized Money Over Human Life

Today the World Health Organization (W.H.O.) declared that the Wuhan coronavirus is indeed now a pandemic.

Scary news, right?

Well…not if you kept listening. The W.H.O. then proceeded to downplay the risk to public health and took pains to make it clear it doesn’t recommend placing restrictions on global trade & travel at this time.

What?!? When we may be in dealing with a viral outbreak as (or more!) virulent than the Spanish Flu? (aka The Great Influenza)

Folks, this is nothing less than a political decision to keep business/commerce flowing without regard to public health. The W.H.O. has chosen money over people's lives:

Also in the news today: science journal The Lancet just released a study that finds initial evidence that men are substantially more vulnerable to coronaviruses than women.

Why? Watch the video below. Chris Martenson walks through the science behind the findings:

Be sure to stay up-to-date on Peak Prosperity’s ongoing full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak by visiting here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/the-w-h-o-just-prioritized-money-over-human-life/

I expect that tomorrow the US Senate will NOT vote to allow witnesses and move quickly to vote to acquit Trump before the scheduled Feb 3rd State of the Union address.
Allowing for a few days of talking head BS from both sides of the political spectrum, I predict the Main Stream Media will immediately pivot head first into the nCov news. Unfortunately the MSM makes their money on hype and sensationalism. It sells ad space.
Beware the spin from both Right and Left, as well as the Establishment push to marginalize the concerns of regular people, to keep the stock market and the financial industries humming right along making money for the 1%. That’s not to say this isn’t worrisome. It is, but don’t let it panic you into unwise actions.
Even worst case, we all have a short cushion of time in which to evaluate our personal options, check our preparedness and take prudent actions.
Follow the news here on Peak Prosperity but don’t let this take over your day to the point you are frozen in place in fear.

Thank you Chris for all your hard work keeping us updated with facts. I trust you to keep the community here well informed, not panicked. No bleach drinking under any circumstance. Stay well.

I got several relatives working in hospitals, they’re all getting the same corporate BS, “Flu is worst, this is nothing compared to SARS, remain calm, nothing to see here, move along, etc”.
I’m thinking come Monday after the Super Bowl, maybe there’ll be an uptick in more accurate reporting. Hey! You can’t be a Debbie-Downer during the Super Bowl, right?
Kudo to you guys.

Quality analysis is hard to come by, thank you for your sustained efforts to dig into this.

from John Hopkins University: tracking the 2019-nCoV spread in real-time

Wait, how much bleach do I need to drink? Is color safe better or should I stick to the standard?

disclaimer: drinking bleach is super uncool. Don’t be uncool.

Prioritizing money over human life? It’s always about the money. If the total destruction of the ecosystem keeps it flowing, it’s justified. The day after 911 Bush2 was out there telling people to go shopping. Then there’s Madeline Albright saying that a half million Iraqi children killed by the sanctions was acceptable. This epidemic is just another blip in the exponentially increasing disaster curve.

Tried to post some comments but after about 2 - 3 lines … no joy … not sure what went on - was being critical on the current virus but not controversial … working so far … essentially I think one is over hyping the situation … no deaths outside the infirm in China - may change - next two weeks will tell - betting on “All good lets move on” as the answer in the long run.
H

I’m not sure if the media & TPTB realize how close they are to losing all faith by the masses by putting forth slanted narratives about the Coronavirus. If they are wrong about this, they are going to be neutered very quickly…exponentially so. But who really understands the exponential function anyway? Those people tracking this virus are starting to get a clue. I hope I’m wrong, but it’s looking like this world is going to soon finally get an all too close up few of it.
I know these guys named Chris and Adam. Several years ago they thought the exponential function was so important they put it as their 3rd & 4th chapters of 26 because they knew all too well what the exponential function meant.
https://peakprosperity.com/video/crash-course-chapter-3-exponential-growth-3/
https://peakprosperity.com/video/crash-course-chapter-4-compounding-is-the-problem-2/

I’ve been watching for solid info on the corona virus, but all I see is absurd proclamations.
Non sequitur:
And the winner is:
World wide, 30,000 to 40,000 people die, every day, due to chronic conditions related to poor diet (eating meat, dairy and highly processed foods). The WHO now lists poor diet as the number one cause of death, but no emergency meetings are called.
I realize it’s off topic, but this is always the elephant in the room, when talking either about health or addictions.

Chris, after years of following your work, it’s great to see you and Adam getting such a pop in exposure. The views on your videos are through the roof. Just a shame it had to come like this.
Anyway, I thought I’d point out something about your R0 chart for future reference. At an R0 of 1, you really should have 1’s going all the way across. One person passes it on to another and recovers, leaving only 1 infected. You basically displayed the total people ever effected on that row, and then the new infections in each round only for every row below that. I can see what you’re doing, but it might confuse some that the R0 in row two (1.28) appears to produce fewer cases than the R0 in row one (1) for the first few rounds in your chart. Obviously not correct. Better yet, sum total all-time cases for all the rows, like you did in row one, to really hammer home the exponential effect.
I also think it’s worth starting to talk about the difference between R0 and R (the actual rate of transmission in the real world). If R0 is the transmission rate in an unexposed, unvaccinated population, then the R0 of influenza is a hell of a lot higher than 1.28. The difference is that the R0 for influenza doesn’t mean much because there is no unexposed, unvaccinated population for it. In the case of this novel virus, R (the actual rate of transmission) is effectively equal to R0. My understanding is that R0 is an inherent characteristic of the virus, where as R can be driven down through public health measures and exposure to the virus.
Thanks for staying on top of this for everyone.

http://Coronavirus: Chinese health experts warn patients can get reinfected

I see the nCoV response as an example of how normalcy bias plays out across our institutions on national and now global stages. Its pretty simple - pandemics like this are in no one’s living experience, and as a result, most people are generally incapable of contemplating real-life implications until the evidence is catastrophically overwhelming. The dynamic is best summed up as “cling to normalcy and then panic”.

The latest research (Wu et al. 2020) out today in the Lancet modeling the spread of the corona virus out of Wuhan states:

Findings In our baseline scenario, we estimated that the basic reproductive number for 2019-nCoV was 2·68 (95% CrI 2·47–2·86)and that 75 815 individuals (95% CrI 37 304–130 330) have been infected in Wuhan as of Jan 25, 2020. The epidemic doubling time was 6·4 days (95% CrI 5·8–7·1). We estimated that in the baseline scenario, Chongqing, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen had imported 461 (95% CrI 227–805), 113 (57–193), 98 (49–168), 111 (56–191), and 80 (40–139) infections from Wuhan, respectively. If the transmissibility of 2019-nCoV were similar everywhere domestically and over time, we inferred that epidemics are already growing exponentially in multiple major cities of China with a lag time behind the Wuhan outbreak of about 1–2 weeks.
The take home message being that a likely infected population of 75,815 existed in Wuhan (~1,000 more across the rest of China - see Figure 3) as of Jan 25th. The infections in the other 20 cities (and presumably all the rest of the global locations are running 1-2 weeks behind Wuhan but are growing exponentially in number. Since they estimate an epidemic doubling time of 6.4 days, that would indicate ~150,000 infections by tomorrow if spread rates haven't changed substantially. The authors did sensitivity analyses to test their various modeling assumptions and I don't see any reason to substantially doubt or discount their findings. They do not address issues of potential fatalities from the virus.

How many of us are really surprised about this?
I’m so far beyond these organizations that I haven’t seen them in the rear view mirror since 2007.

I had a hard time even bringing myself to read much of the nonsense of the supposed bleach link, but it looks like it’s just some trump-anon jab. So, just pure hype to make their point? That whole thing (along with drinking bleach) sickens me! The nerve.
But, as the CDC says, be sure to NOT wear a mask when out, just wait until you are sick and then try to deal with it. I HAVE to go out today… I think i will be masked up. I’ll be “that one”, i don’t care what people may think.

Why do most of the media figure heads remind me of Frankie and Annette? The more they downplay it, the more worried I get. Thank you Chris for your ongoing and valuable effort

Here is a website that Johns Hopkins has created to track the virus worldwide. Very informative and gives a great visual of the spread. Just like all of this, the accuracy could be questionable, but a piece of this whole puzzle…
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2001468?query=featured_home.