Uprisings Are Spreading!

Yes, of course you have. Please don’t take a “slight” here !
None was intended by any means.
I wanted to simply add more to the mix and point out that the number of things going on out there is blossoming faster than either you or I can even begin to keep up with !
And it’s happening in places which (for my own part, at least) I would never have expected. Like Cuba, as just one example. Or China, for another.
– Chuck

3 Likes

Hi Donn. The youtube videos are to bring more people of like minded persuasion to the Peak Prosperity website and is therefore “evangelistic” while information on the website would benefit only the members and those new viewers directed to the website by word-of-mouth.

1 Like

There was a photo of Biden speaking and in the back ground, at least a half- dozen large, bright yellow, diesel loving excavation machines.

Pepijn van Houwelingen did part of his PhD work in Japan and is fluent in Japanese. Just stumbled across an interview he did with some Japanese youtube channel. Him speaking Japanese is pretty impressive for a Dutch guy and way better than mine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOvNwanTjtE

4 Likes

That certainly is impressive! By the way, her channel got a strike by Youtube same day as me…that was part of me thinking it was more of a pogrom than anything personal…

2 Likes

Maybe that strike was for her fumbling with the camera with a few buttons of her blouse loose at the beginning of the interview? That part was distracting…

Heartening To See People Rising Up!

As in the US, the Australian media makes no mention of these uprisings. (Nor do they mention the ongoing Australian protests, but at this stage our protests are relatively minor, and this is not really surprising.)
But it’s good to see people starting to understand how serious this control agenda is becoming…
When the covid lockdowns hit, most of us were blindsided. Nobody could quite believe this could happen in a western democratic country, even though we watched it unfold in China. In Australia, we did have some protests - the earliest I can recall was for Anzac Day, 25 April, which was about a month from the start of our big national lockdown. The impetus was the cancellation of our Anzac Day memorial events (parades, speeches, gatherings of veterans from various wars & military service).
But most people accepted it, bombarded with all the fear propaganda. And money was splashed around as a sweetener: those out of work got higher than normal social security benefits, and everybody got cash handouts. Nobody asked out loud where all this money was coming from… especially with the majority of our economy being shut down, and small businesses going to the wall.
Yes, the issues are more deep-seated and more long-standing than the scamdemic policies - but this was a significant trigger for inflation, and the same process happened in just about every country in the world, to one degree or another.
In Australia, the majority of people have not yet realised the impending doom that hangs over us, because although we are starting (or continuing) to see rising prices and shortages of some items, most think it is just a temporary glitch: 3 waves of heavy rain and floods so far this year, hitting many of our food producing regions. Many fresh veggies (eg broccoli, cabbage, snow peas - in season here now) are around double their normal price for this time of year.
We have some people who believe that the floods are a result of deliberate weather manipulation, with the intention of sending smaller farmers out of business & getting them to sell up (as in many other countries).
Personally, I think this is quite a plausible scenario, with a lot of evidence to support it. But regardless, we have the beginnings of a situation…
I highly recommend reading Jared Diamond’s book “Collapse” (the second in his 3 part series), which is a very interesting, readable and extremely well documented account of many different societies in the past which collapsed (including Easter Island). It’s a very thought-provoking read!

Michael Ruppert - Collapse

The more I see current events unfold, the more I realize how Michael Ruppert was bullseye accurate when he unleashed his movie Collapse in 2009.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXIRwd1LNVY

4 Likes

But I don’t think that applies here since we do not have a democracy.

2 Likes

Censorship

I am actually surprised that YouTube is censoring the domestic turmoil that is starting to happen internationally.
Even though I strongly disagree with vaccine censorship, you can at least see a perverse type of logic in it. It might stop people from getting the vaccines. For people who really believe that the vaccines are genuinely helpful and that this is an emergency, that would make sense.
There is absolutely no conceivable justification for censoring news about domestic dissent in various countries. It is just news. People are unhappy and they are expressing that.
Perhaps we can conclude from that, that people in power are genuinely starting to worry.

4 Likes

Especially interesting if you compare and contrast coverage of these uprisings with those of Arab spring. For Arab spring, Western leaders welcomed coverage of civil unrest in countries they perceive to be “backwards” or to have inferior systems and cultures. But when their own leadership and systems are questioned? God forbid. Western self perceived exceptionalism hasn’t been tempered by humility through the recent failures. If anything it’s gotten worse.

3 Likes

Censorship begets violence. When constructive dialogue is forbidden there is no possibility of peaceful change. The only thing allowed is obedience. Pressures build up until they explode.

4 Likes

I noticed that all of my Dutch anywhere friends are engaging in former activities like travel, concerts all over Europe, in an, imo, hysterically fashion. Lately I was surprised on a “new” opinion: opinions are dangerous. I couldn’t believe my ears. The Mass formation is still deepening…
Apart from that: good overview and introduction to the Dutch political landscape.

4 Likes

Dutch Farmer’s Protest

A group of 5 of us went to the farmer’s protest in Amsterdam on Saturday. The turnout was not very large (about 5000 I think) compared to the anti covid protest last year in September (75000 - 100000). The speakers on stage were mostly farmers and going by their words they will not be giving an inch come hell or high water. The police prevented most of the tractors from reaching Dam square and stopped them on the outskirts of Amsterdam. I was able to have a short chat with Pepijn van Houwelingen, a very amiable and sharp man. His party is constantly being demonised by the legacy media and in the parliament nonetheless he remains undeterred. A man of integrity.
I think Jaap’s analysis elsewhere in these comments of the somewheres against the anywheres is spot on. The somewheres in the countryside are very much with the farmers. Flags are hanging upside down from hundreds of lampposts lining the roads and traffic circles, put there by farmers and the local municipalities don’t dare take them down. We were in the very small village of Lievelde last week and there were signs supporting the farmers and flags upside down all along the main street. The covid mass formation was very strong out here and it’s heartening to see that this is seen through by many more regular people.
I don’t know how successful the farmers will be in derailing the government’s plans especially because most voters live in the big cities but as the utility and gas prices keep rising and people begin to have increasing difficulty in making ends meet the winds of change could start to blow harder. You might say we’re still very much in a pre-revolutionary moment or as Chris says, the interregnum. I think the pain dial unfortunately still needs to be turned up a notch or two before more people here start to wake up. Thank you Chris for all your work and being a voice of sanity. And thank you to the commenters for all your contributions.

8 Likes

I am in Ireland right now. I just read an article in the Irish Times. They stated, quite honestly, that trust in governmental and health institutions is falling significantly.
So apparently there is more honesty in the media - at least in Ireland - than there is in the US.

3 Likes

I had the great fortune to meet Mike a couple times here in LA. One time I sat next to him in the first row at a Richard Heinberg speaking event. During the break we went outside the venue so that he could smoke a cigarette. Other attendees went back in and Mike and I had a conversation by ourselves.
The second time was at a Peak Oil event at which Mike brought boxes full of his book, “Crossing the Rubicon”. Everyone was very excited to get that book hot off the press.
He was a super great investigative reporter and a really nice guy. He is missed.
Broadspectrum

3 Likes

Ireland is ranked 6th for freedom of the press.
https://rsf.org/en/index
This is in keeping with my view that freedom breeds trust. A free press gradually filters out dishonest reporters. An unfree press filters out honest ones.

2 Likes

Not surprising on that list that the good ol USA is 42nd, just below Burkina Faso…

Update on the BBB party: In the latest poll BBB is still growing and challenging the liberal VVD of Mark Rutte to become the largest political party in the Netherlands. The most remarkable fact is that the gain of BBB does not come from voters from other parties but mostly from people who gave up on democracy and did not vote in the previous elections. In the shattered landscape of dutch politics, the non-voters are with ~25% the largest “party”.
After the latest farmer protests this week, where farmers blocked highways with piles of dung, burning hay and even asbestus, the agression towards BBB grows more and more. Their leader Caroline van der Plas got death threats where she was promised the same fate as Pim Fortuyn (who was asassinated). She cancelled all work visits and media appearances.
As I said before, the Anywheres will fight tooth and nail. We will soon see how that materializes as the Somewheres, led by the farmer protests, seem determined and will turn on the heat - literally.

2 Likes

For The Want Of A Nail

Question for anyone who can answer me this one.
What will happen to all the goods that are travelling through the Panama Canal, given that the Pamama people are unhappy (under statement) with the cost of living there? ?
https://t.co/gfLfm99pBo
https://t.co/6m4fYTSSMd
I wonder if the commodities & food on those ship will be safe & reach their final destinations?
Like wise, given that the lack of food and commodities are soon to be in short supply all over the world, the ships going through the Suez canal is likely to to be raided too.
There is currently a global trade in parts for larger items that are needed in countries that have items going through these canals and as we have seen in the recent past, it doesn’t take much to close these down & therefore the country or company will not recieve these goods. If these countries and/ or companies do not recieve these items, they are unable to fix or replace the much needed larger item. These could be very important life giving/ life saving items that never arrive at their destination.
Not sure if anyone is thinking this out loud, but the security or lack there of with these canals would be important to secure from a globalist perspective and could trigger some thing catastrophic as the people on those counties become desperate for much needed items for their own families.