Why Covid-19 Demands Our Full Attention

I’ve always been amused by Neil Armstrong’s quote:
“I believe that every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don’t intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.”
That being said, while Neil may have had a point from one perspective (that of having a finite number of heart beats, to be used judiciously), I also think this was his way of jokingly protesting the mandatory exercise required of astronauts.
The benefits of exercise not only taxing the aerobic mechanisms but also the anaerobic/lactic acid mechanisms and the phosphocreatine/ATP mechanisms as well as other systems ranging from the myofascial to lymphatic to autonomic nervous system, etc. are undeniable. That being said, while the absence of training is definitely to be avoided, over-training has multiple risks as well. Excessive aerobic training can have a variety of subtle detrimental effects including lowering immune system function and overproduction of free radicals that can increase one’s risk for cancers.
I don’t necessarily agree that peer reviewed literature shows that 90 minutes daily is the optimal amount. Optimum levels will vary according to genetics, muscle fiber ratios, lung capacity to body size/weight ratios, VO2 max, heart size to body size/weight ratios, cardiac efficiency, training intensity, training periodicity, micro-, meso-, and macro-cycles of training, recovery capacity, etc., etc., etc. Training correctly does serve the purpose of lowering your resting heart rate and since one spends a considerably greater period of time not exercising intensely as compared to exercising intensely, the net effect should be to lower the number of heart beats per year and thereby, hopefully add to one’s life span, at least from a cardiac “engine” perspective. My resting pulse is in the 50s and will get as low as the upper 40s in a down-regulated, resting state and I’m 66. Physical training will lower it but adjunctive psycho-energetic training including breathing meditation and qi gung will lower it even further.
But just as important as a lower heart rate is a uniform, coherent heart rate. This state can be achieved with other types of training such as Heart Math (https://www.heartmath.com/). In fact, given the noticeably up-regulated state of a number of posters on this site related to the corona virus issue, it would probably behoove some of them to pursue this type of training. Too much work and not enough play is not good for PPers. Crankiness typically reflects a stressed state of the body-mind.

In addition to looking at blocking the virus - we could also look at solutions to immunomodulation and lessening the cytokine storm. What are your thoughts on this? I saw a report that IL2 and IL6 are the two cytokines which were seen most elevated in critical cases in a Chinese study (small sample). I am wondering about the potential for use of one of the most popular natural remedies at the moment - CBD - to potentially suppress the cytokine storm. There are numerous papers showing CBD effects on multiple cytokines (some using Animal asthma models) - and what about prophylactic high dose vitamin C and Vitamin D?

Pandemic is revealing that benevolence may, in some cases, have a place in commercial business without the government needing to exercise its compulsory licensing rights. FDA releases a statement saying it’s now received a total of 127 reports of seizure or other neurological symptoms, such as fainting or tremors, that occurred after vaping between 2010 and 2019. https://www.addictionrehabcenters.com/eating-disorders/

It has been almost a year. Originally, we thought that the virus could be controlled. But the situation is just on the opposite side. Up to now, Covid-19 cases research to 60,719,936.
What’s more, the virus keeps upgrading in the past 10 months. (New discovery: New Mechanism, NRP1 Enhances the Ability of SARS-CoV-2 Infection)
Now the winter is coming. And the coronavirus can survive better under cold conditions. It would be a tough time. We shouldn’t take it lightly.