Why Is Coronavirus News Still So Inaccurate?

There seems to be a lot of bitterness about not being “allowed to go outside”, so I have to assume that there are areas of the US (and certainly in the most crowded parts of southern Europe) where going outside really is restricted. But it must vary, and can’t we look at some of the middle ground that seems to be working? Here in BC, we are encouraged to get out, go for walks or whatever for fresh air and exercise (sunshine isn’t necessarily on order), just stay a respectful distance from non-family members, wear a mask if you are anywhere near others, all the usual hygiene things. They did close down the big provincial and federal parks, partly because they weren’t sure how well the distancing would be carried out, but also because we’re heading into our other catastrophe season - wildfire. But they’re looking at a phased relaxation of that, and the municipal parks have stayed open. Essential services are still operating, and they’re calling out for farm workers, so there’s some outside work/activity for those that want it. Every night on the news we hear of some business that has figured out a way to adapt so they can “open” again - not the way they were before, but adapted to the current needs. BC is still keeping a tight lid on travel and gatherings, and restaurants and bars are still pretty much limited to take-out, but many of you are talking like someone’s welded you into your homes. I’m interested to hear specifics about what it’s like in different places, if someone doesn’t mind describing it.

Please, PP friends, don’t dose yourselves with chlorine dioxide. That chemical is a very strong, non-specific oxidant. In other words, it oxidizes everything and anything, quickly. Various forms of chlorine are used to sanitize swimming pools and water, because it kills all microbial life. It will oxidize you, too. It will probably kill the virus; but only after destroying large parts of you. Not a good tradeoff.

Today’s Chronicle carries a story that includes substantive criticism of the Santa Clara antibody study: ““I think the authors of the above-linked paper owe us all an apology,” wrote Andrew Gelman, a statistician at Columbia University, who criticized the Stanford study on his widely read blog.”
https://www.sfchronicle.com/science/article/Quick-publicity-of-coronavirus-research-leads-to-15230179.php

Remington Nevin is an MD and expert on the quinoline family of drugs, best known for their use against malaria. He has been interviewed here before, on the subject of mefloquine, which is believed to have caused severe neurologic damage, especially in soldiers who were forced to take it even after experiencing adverse effects. Similar effects are also found with chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine. The latter is often used for rheumatoid arthritis, and doctors there say that it is remarkably free of side effects. They forget, however, that a lot of patients stop taking it quite quickly after starting, probably because they are the sub-group that is vulnerable to side effects. Given that high doses are being used for COVID-19, and on elderly, infirm people, one can expect significant problems with side effects.
You can find out more of the work of Dr Nevin on his Quinism Foundation website: https://quinism.org
https://prn.fm/infectious-myth-dangers-chloroquine-hydroxychloroquine-remington-nevin/

Today, VP Mike Pence visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. I saw a short video of him and an aid exiting the plane (no masks), and greeted by our governor and others, wearing a mask. Here is a link to his visit at Mayo, and again, no mask:
https://www.startribune.com/vice-president-mike-pence-to-highlight-mayo-research-in-rochester-today/570006292/

Maybe what is meant is that both HCQ and ClO2 are used to fight malaria. Maybe in a different way but some say with the same end result.

1 Like

Chlorine dioxide is used in public water-treatment facilities, to make water safe for drinking, to disinfect meet, etc… Even in mouthwash and toothpaste (https://closys.com/products/closys-ultra-sensitive-mouthwash) Do you have evidence of what you’re saying ? Because this

Controlled clinical evaluations of chlorine dioxide, chlorite and chlorate in man. does not confirm your affirmations.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1569027/
1 Like

I wish I could remember where, but I watched a video of a US emergency room doc who was livid about what he claimed was willful ignorance on the part of the medical establishment, of probably effective treatments. Long story short, one thing he recommended was tonic water taken with Zinc. Tonic water contains quinine, which is similar in chemical structure to hydrochloroquine and chloroquine. That’s a fact. His hypothesis was that quinine also functions like those two drugs to allow Zinc to enter cells. That might not be correct, but I figure it’s worth a try. I drink a little tonic water with zinc and vitamin C every night. YMMV

I have used it as nose drops and gargle at first sign of any bug. Also topically. The elite have always used silver, why are they called “blue bloods”? and born with a silver spoon in their mouths? In ancient China if a person bitten by a rabid animal, a silver coin was bound into the wound. My friend used it for treating sick finches she raised, just dosed their drinking water. Yay, silver! Grandfathered in when all those drug laws were passed. Big pharma just thinks if they ignore stuff, it will go away.

I went to Mayo for my two hip revision surgeries. I love my surgeon and the care I got there. I wouldn’t go there for other stuff, probably. They have as many misconceptions as other medical establishments.

I went last thursday, did stock up much because things looked good at the stores ( 2 stores). check one of my freezers and noticed i needed to restock it… and that I expect meat to be an issue shortly… was at the store today… NO meat… Well it has finally begun… Even if you can find food, I expect steep price increases soon.

Chlorine dioxide will sterilize surfaces and decontaminate water, killing any viruses on them or in them. But ClO2 is NOT for internal use. It should never, ever be taken internally. Please don’t do it.
Here are some of the facts regarding chlorine dioxide.
https://www.chemicalsafetyfacts.org/chlorine-dioxide/

We go back a long way here at PP. Both of you have represented yourself well. Dave, you are just brilliant. Jim, we came here around the same time, you brought us into the lab where you work and I love your pieces. I also loved the FACT you were first with Bitcoin way back when we could have all been filthy rich had we invested in Bitcoin when you first brought it to us. I think Bitcoin was under $50 when you did. Stay the course.
Todays briefing was indeed a good one. You keep bringing it home Chris, and Adam, you do one hell of a job putting it all together. One cannot do without the other and by definition, is what makes a terrific partnership.
From learning here at PP and from Charles H. Smith, others, I have long ago went with my gut and my gut learned from my dedication to research with tools learned here and elsewhere and is then put in action. I started on the Virus from China back before the turn of the New Year. I have been in isolation since mid January and before I did I topped off my foods and put in shape my back up systems. Battery chargers, weather radio, flashlights and overall resiliency. It was never a hard call that this Virus stood a great chance of becoming a pandemic if just one person came from Wuhan. One is easy, it is a probability it would move beyond its border that was real so I took serious. I always want to be ahead instead of behind. Chris calls it: "better to be a year early than a day late. Perfect logic so I go with that for sure.
Regarding anything media: I just do not believe any media anymore and if ever there was an industry ripe for change it’s the media/reporter. I just think we are starved for honest, investigative reporting that is professional and is factual and truthful. Then step aside and let me make up my own mind. Someone will figure out how to monetize the truly gifted in one place, and the very best will earn a terrific wage reporting truth without having their strings pulled by the Rich status Quo bugs. Like Zero Hedge but mainstream. We all deserve it and boy is it ever needed. Again, I seek the truth and is why Chris and Adam get a lot of attention.
Folks, so good to see that you have managed to stay healthy and actually participate and share your skill sets here. I love what I get from this site. Peace

“Coronavirus: Doctors Stunned By Damage Seen Inside The Body” (4/28/20)
https://youtu.be/OJVXwzF93Qc

Chris, while I don’t think their results are as solid as they wish, the two doctors in California are not quite as bozo-like as you were portraying. Their data is based on two surveys, one of which was not randomly sampled, one of which was. So they aren’t completely statistically ignorant.
Their video is as much about questioning the narrative as presenting medical data which puts the medical data onto a shakier foundation since it implies that they may be massaging their data to fit their desired results.
Anyhow, your overarching point (their methods and analysis are on shaky ground) is reasonable but I don’t know if they deserved the evisceration they received.

I’ve noticed fewer frozen veggies. Canned meat mostly gone. Expect eggs to be next when everyone is looking for protein options.

I suspect Ice Age-farmer may be shadow banned or censured outright. Might want to make note of his website.
https://youtu.be/2TffJSaVlME

Has anybody been shopping for canning supplies?
I got my garden in. Gonna have lots of vegetables.
What is everybody going to do to store their vegetables for the winter? Looks like I’m late to the party for canning supplies.
Where do you get your jars and lids?
Let’s talk about canning.

There seems to be a lot of bitterness about not being “allowed to go outside”, so I have to assume that there are areas of the US (and certainly in the most crowded parts of southern Europe) where going outside really is restricted. But it must vary, and can’t we look at some of the middle ground that seems to be working? Here in BC, we are encouraged to get out, go for walks or whatever for fresh air and exercise (sunshine isn’t necessarily on order), just stay a respectful distance from non-family members, wear a mask if you are anywhere near others, all the usual hygiene things.
This is something I've thought about. Social distancing is easier for some than others. Where I live, in Wisconsin, the population density is very low. The county I live in averages around 75 people per square mile. A very large city may have 1,000 to as high as 40,000 people per square mile. It's a lot easier for me to effectively social distance outside than it is for people in large metropolitan areas. I can sympathize with people who don't have the elbow room that I do.

News story:
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/san-diego-telehealth-company-prescribes-combination-drug-therapy-for-covid-19-patients/509-0a4a3b77-4994-4847-9bbe-520724669771
The company’s covid-19 faq seems to indicate the prescription is still available:
https://www.doctalkgo.com/faq/