Will We See A New Covid-19 Spike Soon?

Hello, I can’t find my way around this site, at all. I could only hit ‘reply’ on this comment to say so, sorry to person commenting.
Peak prosperity: if I am finding it hard to work out, there would be heaps of others similarly struggling.
I try the blogg tab & discuss tab too. Sometimes I get to enter a discussion heading in, then it just disappears again, before I got chance to write anything.
The menu is accompanied by a blank page, I have resorted to tweeting because I can’t work it out.
Does anyone but me have these troubles please?
Please redesign the site. Where is the help section even.
It is such a shame to say negative things about you guys, because I love you and think you do an outstanding and totally unique job.
When I have posted, I know, I have put it in the wrong or a stupid as in doesn’t make sense place.
I am looking like a real idiot here, I very well expect - but at the risk of looking foolish, frustration at not being able to work it out, leads me to ask about it.
Kindest regards to all Peak Prosperity people xox

Here is a very brief report of 10 people who self-administered high dose famotidine (Pepcid AC over-the-counter) for COVID. Dose used was famotidine 80 mg 3 times daily (this is 6 times the usual prescription dose for ulcers).
It was well tolerated (no medicine side-effects)
Reduced the symptom severity and, in 2 patients who followed their O2Saturation measurements, it improved oxygenation.

Edit: Robie, not PEP. these 10 cases were using famotidine after people got sick.

as a PEP?

Jetplane10.102,
Here is a link to the site to contact the administrators of the site.
https://peakprosperity.com/contact/

Hi Jetplane10.102. Sorry you’re having difficulties navigating and posting to the PP website. You’re not alone as the site has some functional limitations and is set-up awkwardly in places, and there’s no “on-boarding” process or information to welcome or orient new members. There’s a lot of great content and discussions on PP, but the “Search” function to find content needs further improvement, IMO. I know the site principals, Chris and Adam, are working on implementing some site upgrades. So please offer suggestions as your new member perspective and experience might be helpful.
I don’t know if the device you’re using (e.g., phone vs. laptop) makes a difference in your visuals and the functions while on the PP website. I know other members post from their iphones w/o any difficulties. My experience and suggestions below are based on using a laptop.
Here’s a link to the PP help/FAQs that might be informative: https://peakprosperity.com/faq/
Here are the PP Site Posting Guidelines and Rules: https://peakprosperity.com/forum-topic/forum-guidelines-and-rules/
Regarding posting, IMO the Forums have some functional limitations that make them not especially conducive to ongoing discussions. The exception is DaveF’s PM (Precious Metals) daily forum (link on PP landing page, and on left sidebar). Forum topics and discussions/threads appear chronologically, moving up or down on the Forums list depending on how recently someone posted a comment on the topic. At this time, Forum topics cannot be “pinned”.
I and others here have occasionally experienced the inexplicably “disappearing” comment problem. This sometimes happens in the Captcha “I am a human” validation process. If you’ve labored on a comment, added links, quotes, media or other material, it is helpful to copy your comment to your personal email, or paste it to a document before hitting the PP “Post Comment” button. This way, you’ll have a copy in case the original gets inadvertently deleted.
To post a comment on an article, go to the bottom of the discussion thread, enter in your brief “Subject Line”, enter your comment into the text field below, then “Post Comment” when you’re finished. If replying to a specific comment(s), click on “Reply” below the comment you want to respond to. This will bring you to the bottom of the thread with an indication of the name of the member your are replying to (i.e., "Replying to Jetplane10.102) with the number of that comment (i.e., #40). Once you hit “Post Comment” your comment will appear after the most recent comment–so it will not be linked immediately below the comment you responded to. (PP comments are not linked as emails are.) I think this is what new members find particularly confusing.
The PP discussions tend to herd around the most recent articles, videos or podcasts. You might have noticed that the comments that follow may/may not relate to the content in the articles, videos or podcasts. Occasionally you’ll get some newer comments on older articles/threads on “evergreen” topics (e.g., Permaculture, raised beds). For the most part, it seems that discussion threads will be “live” or active for a few days, maybe a week or so for “hot topics”, before moving to the next, most recent new content posted by Chris and Adam. This has been on hyperdrive since January 2020 due to Chris’ Covid-19 coverage, with many more users and comments on the site. The site had some difficulties with logging-in and slow loading during very high traffic days in Jan./Feb. this year, but I think improvements have since resolved those issues.
Enrolled members have access to “premium” content, generally located on the upper right corner of the main PP landing page. Enrolled members can also “up-vote” or “like” a comment by clicking on the hand/thumbs up icon. There’s tally box indicating how many up-votes a comment has received. There is no “down-vote” function, but you can “un-like” or remove your like on a comment at any time.
You can send a personal message (PM) to another enrolled member by clicking on “Send PM” located on the upper right corner of any comment posted by that member; or by going to your “Inbox” (uppermost tab on any PP webpage) and sending your message(s). The PMs function like typical email, and are private (i.e., visible to only you and the recipient).
I hope the above information is helpful and that you find navigating the site and participating in discussions easier. Good luck and welcome to PP! :slight_smile:

I prosecuted some riot cases based in Seattle years back. As THC points out, there were massive issues in these cases. What I’m seeing now looks like a bizarre destruction from so many angles. The younger cops, despite all the body video and technology, seem to suffer from a very basic training and understanding of all the constitutional law and procedure that was emphasized in the sixties and seventies. I’m just guessing, and some retired cops agree with me, that this is a combination of never ending wars, a much more militaristic background, and a resulting militaristic approach. Just look at the vehicles and other tools now pushed on these cities by the MI Complex. They are also the executive branch and if there’s any broad constitutional pattern to the US, it’s the growth, abuse, and ineffectiveness of this branch. The Unitary Executive Theory and other sick spin offs continue to erode this place. If it expects nothing legal or human out of its sick marriage with the financial industry why should it be any different with an on the ground and ultimate expression of power. I personally think it’s much worse because , as we all know, there is a growing fear from all around especially from those living (and working) day to day in the streets where a lot of the ugly realities of a dying middle class and desperate underclass are expressing themselves in stranger, uglier ways. Those at the top have jumped at this opportunity and tried to simplify it with racism and bad cops but it’s more a symptom than anything else

That was one of the best posts I have read here

This is a story that is an indication of the damage that can occur from drug use and criminalizing it. If drugs were treated as a medical issue rather than a criminal issue more people would receive help rather than prison.
A personal anecdote; A very good friend of mine was treated at this hospital. misdiagnosed, received wrong treatment and died.
I think people who out of a sense of duty who serve in the armed services deserve better. There are veterans who are homeless and receiving substandard medical care.
https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/jun/12/pathologist-pleads-guilty-in-death-at/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NWADG%20Morning%20Update%206-12&utm_content=NWADG%20Morning%20Update%206-12%20CID_92e7917e17aca8bf2ca485a6560266be&utm_source=Email%20Marketing%20Platform&utm_term=READ%20MORE&fbclid=IwAR1I0mqAB5-tzZR8JFvICzM9qhlPi9mGkc2QqNRFdIiRe9Gn-BDv-hVzQwo
Every crime George Floyd committed involved drugs. 46% of people in prison are non violent drug offenders.

My views are based on the idea that there’s always more than one way to accomplish anything. One bifurcation would be doing something violently or peacefully.
Leaving aside the times when force is necessary - when a direct threat to life and limb is at hand - I am referring to excessive brutality and violence on the part of police when it’s simply not necessary.
Far from being an ‘off hand’ view this is something I’ve been curating and thinking about carefully over many years. For example, I deplored the use of concussion grenades and rubber bullets fired at close range during the Standing Rock protests.
By every single account, the protesters at Standing Rock were non-violent. They took that part seriously and weeded out anybody with other ideas, sending them packing. Despite this, the police and other LEO types there fired hundreds if not thousands of rounds of “non-lethal” munitions at otherwise peaceful people. Out in the middle of the prairie where it wouldn’t have mattered in the slightest if the protesters were 50 feet this way or that way.
My good friend Tim was there as a photographer for many months and I saw the pics, the videos and heard the stories. Pure brutality on the part of the LEOs, who were never in danger and never under any sort of threat.
Same as we see in literally dozens of cases now across the US. Here’s one example out of many from Ft. Lauderdale last week.
The full video:
[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLyRxaeLumk[/embed]
Here are four stills from that video.
(1) here we see the set-up. A line of protesters, kneeling, hands up in the air. I would grade their threat level to the line of police 30 feet away at about 0.5 on a scale of 0.0 to 10.

(2) After ignoring a police command to disperse, an officer cleaves off from the line to the side with a close support officer behind, takes aim and shoots.

(3) Hit! A young woman, wouldn’t you know it, is clocked right in the face. From perhaps 30 feet away. With a rubber bullet round fired from a rifled barrel. All due respect Tom, but you know as well I do that these things are accurate enough from that range to place 'em. If you doubt me, just spend a few minutes on Youtube watching companies demonstrate the accuracy of their round, and LEO types practicing shooting each other in the leg. Hit after hit going right where they are aimed.

(4) A close up shows just how close this young woman came to having her eye shot out. This is a disgusting display of brutality that I will deplore and criticize over and over again as a matter of integrity.
This circumstance simply did not warrant that use of violent force. The police were not under threat, and they outnumbered the kneeling protesters. I don’t know what sorts of crowds were in the background, but I will continue to insist that shooting this woman in the face - on purpose - was a wildly inappropriate and disproportionate use of force.

Again - just to be clear - I am ready, willing and able to use lethal force in certain circumstances, so I am not some starry eyed peacenik ungrounded in the realities of mobs and such. I completely understand when and how lethal force would be necessary and justified.
The above example, and dozens of others, however, aren’t in that camp.

I hope the above information is helpful and that you find navigating the site and participating in discussions easier. Good luck and welcome to PP! ?
@sparky1 - THANK YOU for your time. Very useful and much appreciated.

Don’t ask me to support the use of rubber bullets, certainly not in that situation above. Like I said,

If I were in a riot and was handed a gun to fire rubber bullets, I wouldn’t fire any unless as a last ditch attempt to keep from firing real bullets (i.e. a rioter was using potentially lethal force on police or innocents such as shooting .50 caliber ball bearings by a high powered sling shot, M80’s thrown at people, etc.)... If I was the police Chief I’d prohibit the use of rubber bullets. I’d rather use other methods and technologies that I know of, or use real bullets if the threat was that bad.
So what was the outcome of that situation you illustrated? Did anybody get fired or prosecuted (especially the commander who gave the order to fire)? Personally, I would have refused to fire that shot. Frankly, I’m at least as embarrassed for my former profession (law enforcement) as you are of yours (scientific research). Assuming the lack of necessity to use that level of force, our broken society has well-known methods for dealing with that kind of police abuse. Officers can be suspended, fired and charged with crimes. Police chiefs can be fired by mayors. Sheriff’s can be voted out of office. I throw up my hands in frustration when it doesn’t happen. But this kind of institutional and professional failure and corruption runs through every corner of our society, doesn’t it? So I wonder why police have become the target of so much rage to the exclusion of other parts of our society that get little or none of it. No riots over the Federal Reserve, the SEC, the bankers who blew up the economy in 2008, unfunded state and local pensions, schools that don’t educate, US Navy ships that can’t navigate blue water oceans without colliding with other monstrous-sized vessels, and on and on. And what if hydroxycloriquine turns out to be effective at preventing serious consequences of Covid19 and that the shameful shenanigans employed to bury it actually cost thousands of lives around the world? Will any one suffer any consequences for that? Will there be riots? Will there be calls to defund science? Hmmmm. You know, it’s almost as if someone would like us all to take all our accumulated rage out on the police to the exclusion of anyone else. It’s almost as if that has been engineered and encouraged by influential people and groups. Can it be that law enforcement is the biggest problem we have as a society? Who would benefit from us focusing our energies in that direction and no other? ?
There’s another issue for “innocent protesters.” Here’s my advice: if you’re an innocent protester out exercising your rights and you see violence breaking out (by whichever faction), GO HOME!
@thc0655 -- Thank you for your time and thoughts.

I sort of agree, Jetplane, with your description of not knowing where things are on this site, but not sure if it’s a priority for me now. I joined a couple years ago because Chris and Adam presented good economics without the right-wing bias. I used the site to help with preps when the CV loomed on the horizon. I did not participate in discussions, because the time seemed so urgent as the range of breakdown scenarios outran my abilities to prepare for the worst of them.
I had participated in great blogs 20 years ago, learned a lot, fought off the trolls, and now – well – just use it to vent and/or clarify questions on CV that have been on my mind for several months. Learn more by listening than speaking. Probably have many, many threads to go back and read through.
I’ve watched all of Chris’ and Adam’s video presentations since the beginning, as my primary educational tool. But I just sort of accept randomly coming here to this site and “tak(ing) what you have gathered from coincidence” – Dylan.
It’s probably best I don’t get too immersed in the site structure.
And, I don’t want to spend hours a day when I start to catch an interesting angle on a topic in the discussions below those videos, and yes, I love to “hear myself think,” and I try to write carefully.
So, not understanding the site’s structure of organization is not so important to me, as I try not to get hooked in to ongoing discussions. Acknowledging my own weakness. I think I have been in the “Resilience Tribe” for decades now, but can always use some reminders.
I will go back to the actual prep threads “one of these afternoons” and check them against my own lists, mostly uncompleted. Since the “collapse” has morphed into other avenues and topics, I may have gotten lazy, when huge events spring upon us in an instant.
You never do get used to that barrage of crises, and we all remain now, I think, in a state of shock. My garden remains unplowed (need a higher deer fence). I need to wean myself off of the shiny objects of interest, and get back to an organized preparation regime. I do tend to wander into directions that interest me, and there are many.
We now may have been lulled into a false sense of relative safety in the midst of collapse. I can help some people remotely, but overall, it’s hard to see myself “accomplishing” much of anything, except staying healthy.
The best thing I get done some days is wash the accumulated dishes, then close my computer, put on an audio of a history or politics book, and take a nap.

First, I’ll add the obvious thing. Penalties for bystanders, especially reporters, who simply film an incident for their 15 min of fame without making any attempt to intervene. First requirement for a bystander, especially one filming - loudly identify the unacceptable behavior and demand a stop. 2nd, dial 911 and request an ambulance and a police supervisor and explain it’s because you’re viewing (filming) an active incident of unwarranted force. I know it seems counterintuitive to call 911 on the police, BUT consider - you now have a record on the 911 tape of bystanders questioning the incident. It appears that in an Austin case, a so-called reporter filming the incident may have been inciting, rather than making any attempt to assist the victim. NOT ethical. “See something; say something --NOW!” should be required.
The bystander effect is insidious. Studies of school bullying show that if bystanders simply question the action, it often disrupts the cycle. Now you can say easy for an OLD lady to day, as macho cops don’t tend to hit old white ladies, but we know if one person says something, others tend to support them. So the onus is on those of us who appear to be least threatening to yell out the first NO. However, we do expect all of you to back us up by dialing 911 and by standing your ground right next to us. AND, as Gandhi showed, absolutely no violence.
How do we hold people accountable for doing their jobs? It’s not easy. CEO’s run a company into bankruptcy and get to keep multi millions in bonuses they looted. Teachers have a classroom of students who learn nothing in an entire year. Engineers design a bridge/building that collapses. It’s true that private employees, like the engineer are more likely to face consequences than public employees. It’s also true that people at the top whose lack of leadership is often responsible for such issues almost never suffer consequences. In a country that supposedly values individual initiative, we’ve sure lost the corollary that individuals must also be held responsible for the harm they do. Lawsuits seldom do that. They harass/blame the little guy while giving undeserved settlements from faceless deep pockets.
I remember when bankers considered themselves fiduciaries and mothers told their kids to find a policeman if they had a problem. Those days are long gone. We teach our kids their “rights”, but seldom the responsibilities that go with those rights. And we have a long history of underpaid police (and Pinkertons) being used as thugs to back up the power of corrupt politicians and rich capitalists. Rent-a-thug has always been in style. And yet most police departments also have a long tradition of protect and serve–us against the bad guys. And there are bad guys, as the vandalism and looking shows clearly.
The only thing needed for evil to thrive is for good men [sic] to do nothing. The problem is do what? We need a much clearer vision for a workable future, not a childish temper tantrum or a pity-party.
We can’t begin to dismantle old corrupt institutions until we have something better to propose. Recommending a corrupted malpractice industry to take oversight of the police is the pot calling the kettle black. Letting the union pension funds take a hit might be a little more incentive to turn in the thug next to you, but again it ties into already corrupt union and pension funds corrupted be wall street corruption. Again, not a viable solution for transformational change.
I don’t have a better vision yet, but I do think it’s time to stop complaining and start envisioning something really different. Something that punishes malfeasance at the higher levels with more than a slap on the wrist or a few months at a country club prison. And more importantly, better incentives for good behavior, including whistleblowing. Yes, you need to be able to trust the guy who is supposed to have your back, but you also need to be able to get rid of those nobody can trust very quickly. We need to teach kids it’s OK to turn in cheats and bullies and they must speak up when they see someone being hurt. Time for some old-fashioned responsibility!

The article linked below, first posted by member ‘000’ on the Neil Howe interview thread, deserves another look, given recent events. It provides much food for thought, and additional impetus (as if we needed any) to foster and promote a counter propaganda movement. PP & its tribe is and can continue to be leaders in this regard. A few excerpts (italicized part my emphasis):

"...The ultimate objective of “Big Money” is to transform nation states (with their own institutions and a national economy) into “open economic territories”. That was the fate of Iraq and Afghanistan. But now you can do it without sending in troops, by simply ordering subservient proxy governments integrated by corrupt politicians to close down their economy on humanitarian grounds, the so-called “Responsibility to Protect” (R2P) without the need for military intervention. Impossible to estimate or evaluate. More than half the global economy is disrupted or at a standstill. Let’s be clear. This is an imperial agenda. What do the global financial elites want? To privatize the State? To own and privatize the entire planet? ...The tendency is towards the centralization and concentration of economic power. Heavily indebted national governments are instruments of Big Money. They are proxies. Key political appointments are controlled by lobby groups representing Wall Street, The Military Industrial Complex, Big Pharma, Big Oil, the Corporate Media and the Digital Communications Giants, etc. Big Money in Europe and America (through Washington Lobby groups) seek to control national governments. In what direction are we going? What is the future of humanity? The current corona crisis is a sophisticated imperial project, which consists in Worldwide domination by a handful of multibillion dollar conglomerates. Is this World War III? Global capitalism is destroying national capitalism. The unspoken intent of global capitalism is the destruction of the nation state and its institutions leading to global poverty on an unprecedented scale. When the Lie Becomes the Truth There is No Moving Backwards Without the fear campaign and media propaganda, the actions taken by our governments would not have a leg to stand on. “Social Distancing” does not prevent the financial elites from providing instructions to corrupt politicians. On the other hand, “social distancing” combined with confinement is being used as a means of social subordination. It prevents people from meeting as well as protesting this so-called New World Order. Organization, Truth and Solidarity are essential to reversing the tide. The first step of a worldwide movement is “counter-propaganda”.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/global-capitalism-world-government-and-the-corona-crisis/5712312 I think it can be done and that many here are dedicated to the concept, but I have to admit I am feeling that the odds of success are slim to none at best, for three main reasons:
  • the financial elites owning/controlling/directing/censoring the flow of information, effectively controlling the narrative, making it exceptionally difficult to mount widespread, effective counter propaganda;
  • the unwillingness of the masses to consider alternative narratives that are uncomfortable to think about, and run counter to their well-ingrained belief systems which were formulated from upbringings in an inept, corrupt, class structured, discriminatory educational system that does nothing to foster real life or critical thinking skills, or exploration of alternative belief systems;
  • Point two further exacerbated by mass marketing/advertising system in cahoots with the financial system designed to create a perpetually indebted consumer class that went all in on the 'whoever has the most stuff wins' game, effectively placing them in lifelong servitude, with no power to leverage as a result.
I do wrestle with the idea that it is too late, and that it is inevitable that this Fourth Turning will unfold in keeping with perceived historical turning cycles. In optimistic moments I retain a small measure of hope we can avoid any such supposed elitist agenda with an effective, organized, counter propaganda movement that can/will QUICKLY arise, spread, and get the necessary & united buy in & support on a scale sufficient to stop the nefarious evil. In pessimistic moments, I think can anyone realistically see that actually happening? Then my mind shifts yet again and I wonder if perhaps this is the karmic moment in time where humanity as a species is supposed to reap what it has sown. I do believe in karma. I do believe that what goes around comes around, including that which we we allow & tolerate to go around, whether through wilful participation, ignorance or indifference. At times people use the term social contract in discussions about the virus; what we should and should not do as members of society. I think the concept goes well beyond that, choosing to believe that there is an Earth social contract as well. This virus, the resulting economic & social fall out, and everything that goes with it is not just about humans... we are just one species - one that has, with exceedingly parochial minds, ruthlessly dominated and disrespectfully decimated many other species and ecosystems, some to the point of no return. Who is rioting and protesting for them? For the trees? For the water, so critical to survival? For preservation of all that is precious, and sustainable, equitable prosperity for all ? Maybe this unfolding drama/crisis is the great reset that once and for all unequivocally signals that humans are not nearly as superior as we think we are, and we need our asses kicked, big time. I have to say, I think for the most part, we deserve it... The key question is, will humans learn anything from all of this and decide to join together to make the necessary systemic changes? Can integrity find its way back into our lives as a core foundational value and building block for all that we do? Will we let it? edit: the bullets points are not working for the three main points made and I cannot find a way to fix Jan

THC once again you are shifting the conversation. You ask about the Fed and the 08 meltdown, well there were nationwide protests under the umbrella of Occupy Wall St, (OWS) There were encampments in cities all over the country. Well guess what happened the police were enlisted to destroy all those encampments. That was the end of the peaceful protests against the establishment. Perhaps the movement would have had more legs if it had gone violent and looted some banks? As I mentioned before JP Morgan paid the NYC PBA 4 million dollars and bingo there went the encampment in Zucotti park.
I asked you before what is your solution? I am still waiting on your answer. It seems you are none to happy with the state of policing in this country. I guess along with everyone else you are powerless to effect change.
It is no mystery as to why police are getting their share of abuse. Just look at the way the cops are dressed and look at the way the demonstrators are dressed. Look at the weapons cops have and the absence of weapons on the part of demonstrators. I took part in numerous civil rights and anti war demonstrations and we were just one word or one look away from violent confrontations. It is mostly the police in these situations that use either the threat of force or force.
As you mentioned police do things for which they should be punished yet aren’t. This is not lost on people. 127 complaints in 8 years in Minneapolis and NO prosecutions.
It is not going to get better and probably will get worse. We already put more people in prison than any other country. It doesn’t seem to work except for the corporations and private prison companies. There is the incentive right there. They get paid by the prisoner. BTW wasn’t there a judge in Pa. who got busted for sentencing juvies to harsh sentences in return for cash? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal
We imprison somewhere around 1 out of every 130 people. That means there are a pretty large group here on PP who have been to jail statistically speaking of course. We account for 4.4 % of the world’s population and 22% of the world’s prisoners. We are either the most criminally inclined country in the world or there is an incentive lurking somewhere. Maybe the Amerikan Dream isn’t working for a lot of people.
We may or may not agree on a lot of things , but I think we can agree that the entire system sucks. We may even agree that there are no political solutions to the human condition. We may even agree that it is going to take a complete collapse and reset.
Being a cop is a shitty job. Where I grew up the options were pretty limited. You either became a cop/fireman (members of my family) , a priest, or a criminal (there were some limited other options). I was not a cop/fireman, or priest.
See you on the other side

Chris,
I agree. Tear gas and rubber bullets belong in riots, not anywhere near such peaceful protests. Looters and vandals must be distinguished from peaceful protesters.
When I was in college during Vietnam, I would have called myself a conservative law and order type, and was totally opposed to the violence on campus - until I, like every student on the UW campus, became a potential target of police violence. We were tear gassed in our dorms, while the fools were shouting on their bullhorns for people to stay inside. Like that works when they have just lobbed tear gas into the elevators and stairs in high rise dorms.
I witnessed a girl sitting on the front steps of a small dorm on a quiet street. A police car drove buy and seeing a “potential riot” of one, lobbed a tear gas canister directly at her. It hit her leg. We had to take her to the emergency room. The injury was so serious it took days to get the internal bleeding to stop and she was in rehab for months. Now there really were rioters in Madison at the time, but apparently police have a lot of trouble distinguishing protest from riot, as many of my activist friends describe from personal experiences like the one Chris describes.
Another item for congress to add to it’s bill - no injuring a peaceful protester, even if the powers that be don’t want them there. Police and other supposed “LEO” cannot instigate violence. Those who do instigate violence can’t call themselves “Law Enforcement”, they’re just another set of thugs. And rioters and looters are NOT protestors, just thugs.

I agree with you, this kind of behavior needs to be investigated or it will just continue to go on. We also need investigations into the forcing of discharged hospital Covid patients, back into nursing homes in NYC, spreading the virus there. People in government need to be held accountable for their actions, especially in times of a pandemic, so we don’t make the same mistakes next time.

With the paucity of information about HCQ, what’s going on in Costa Rica? Some time ago you reported that national policy there was to treat early on with HCQ. That’s not a double-blind experiment but there must be a fair amount of accumulated medical evidence by now.

My understanding from the news is that Derek Chauvin had 12 brutality complaints an no punishments. It’s generally reported that prosecutors won’t prosecute police brutality (unless forced to by cell phone video) because
They need the police cooperation to prosecute regular cases
Police officers cover for one another since they believe that it could be them being accused someday
Police unions are powerful political forces and their endorsements often affect elections
Police contracts require arbitration in the event of disputes and arbitrators invariably side with the officer/union
The money paid out in settlements doesn’t belong to any of the participants in the legal battle. It’s public money and there’s generally lots more of that available.