A Step-By-Step Analysis Of The Copenhaver Film

I’m 110 percent with you on that one! God truly intervened that day.

1 Like

I believe shot #9 came from the Beaver County ESU sniper that was positioned on the way far southwest side of the audience, on top of a farm building. In this morning’s video that Chris produced, he included a map of where all the snipers were stationed - and which jurisdictions they were associated with. This shot would have been in the 400 yard to 500 yard range.

1 Like

You are conflating two separate issues. You called out the ammo in your last post. The performance of the ammo has nothing to do with the red dot used.

The rifle that he used also had offset iron sights. I do not know the brand or setup. Things like width of the front sight post, sight radius, and aperture size for the rear sight all affect how well you can aim the rifle.

There is also the issue of firing stability. The most precise way of shooting a rifle is to have all your muscles relaxed. While in this relaxed state, you will have a natural point of aim. This natural point of aim must be aligned to the target. With practice and training, a skilled shooter can achieve this in a matter of seconds. When in the shooting position with a good point of natural aim established, your shot pattern can be smaller than the red dot.

1 Like

Be careful of all video released by Jeff O’Stroff. I think he’s a government hack that’s been hired to produce disinformation!

1 Like

I should have expanded my thoughts on the ammo, a bit. Any serious shooter reloads their own ammunition. That because there’s no “predictability” in the path of the actual bullet if you use “store bought” ammo. It’s just handled in such a manner that the casings have burrs and the projectiles have marring. It’s not so much that the “Red Dot” has a high MOA, as it is the bullet will never find it’s mark if you’re using a lower quality ammo.

2 Likes

FYI on the rifle brand.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I am not naively believing jeffostroff. I just wanted to point to the drone footage in his video. Should have used the original drone footage video link, but did not have it at hand.

You are again mixing two distinct and separate items here.

I handload a wide variety of different cartridges. I have the dies and 0.224" bullets to handload 5.56x45 but choose not to. The standard store-bought stuff is pretty precise. I am not sure what was done by the Army to achieve these results.

I have achieved finding “accuracy nodes” with my handloads for larger calibers such as the .30-06 used to feed my M1 or Winchster 308 used to feed my Ruger GSR. Perhaps the commonly available M193 ammo is loaded in such a way that it is designed to be loaded in an “accuracy node” for carbine length barrels. This is just a hypothesis that would need to be tested.

I will also say that the term “serious” reloader is subjective. I put more effort into trimming my brass, measuring out the power charges to decimal grains, and bullet seating, and crimp when I load for a bolt action rifle. I am less concerned about all these details with a semi-auto. The only common concern between hand loading for a bolt action rifle or semi-auto rifle is safety.

I consider the Sharps 25-45 to be one of the best cartridges for hand loaders to be used in the AR-15. The biggest reason for this is that the process for making the brass is so easy and fast. Simply running a 5.56x45 case into the full-length resizer is all that is required to make a case. I have never had to trim the necks because they are always in SAAMI spec.

Some hand loaders would clutch their pearls after seeing me make Sharps 25-45 ammo. There are also handloaders like me that absolutely hate trimming necks and would prefer to crank out lots of “good enough” ammo. “Serious” handloader to subjective and means different things to different handloaders.

No matter how much the details are argued, some facts won’t change. One of those facts is that factory ammo for an AR-15 is precise and will give a skilled shooter great shooting results. I have made the decision to not handload 5.56x45 ammo because the time and effort get a small improvement over factory ammo is simply not worth my time and effort.

1 Like

Window Sequence:
Image in window. 2nd shooter?

4 Likes

Window Sequence:
Shooter gone.

3 Likes

This could be the reflection of the big American flag in the back.

Window Sequence:
Weather strip displaced.

4 Likes

Window Sequence:
Window is Open.

4 Likes

Window Sequence:
Close up of open window.
This is a casement window with hinges on left edge. The right edge is swung inward. You can see the window frame.

2 Likes

The reflection direction makes sense.

Window Sequence:
First 3 shots fires.

Reflection as window is closed.

1 Like

Does this look like reflection of flag or face?

1 Like

I don’t know if that window had a clear line of sight with Trump.

1 Like

I am coming around to the probability of one shooter. I listened again to your audio analysis and source 1 is now sounding consistent. It is source 4 that is troublesome and I’m wondering if the sound difference has to do with perhaps the phone being jerked around to catch more of an echo off a bldg/roof for shots 4-8. It seems clear to me that crooks shooting position did not have time to change other than a slight directional point of barrel. And perhaps that slight shift could account for the different sound as well; which I’ve seen opined. Do you gun people think crooks had his barrel resting on roof crest for first 3 shots?

2 Likes

The agents on the roof identified 5 bullet cases that corresponded to the 5 shots by the kid. It amazed me that 20 minutes later, they found 3 more to the kid’s left when the rifle ejected to the right. Cover up for the first 3 that sounded different and were probably 30 cal.

They knew the suspect was there and a potential threat. They should have removed Trump from danger and delay event until danger was eliminated. If this was planned, then Trump had to stay out there. If there was a second shooter, they couldn’t take out the kid prior to the first shot. That would blow their cover-up story. Trump going down was kids trigger to fire.

The trajectory of those 3 projectiles didn’t come from the kid near the right end of the building. But rather, the unsecured open 2nd floor window overlooking the left end of the building. The first 3 didn’t sound like the kid’s 5. They needed to kid where he was so his shots would line up with the shots coming from the window. In an analysis, you can’t determine different shooters horizontally this way. But, vertical is different. The bullet the hit the man’s shoulder on the top roll in the far end of the bleacher, had an upward trajectory from Trump. The kid on the roof has a downward trajectory.

Before the shooting, there was a crowd in front of that wall of the building. Just before it occurred, a man was forcing people to leave that area. Its my opinion, he was giving the shooter a clear line of sight to Trump, and he did want them to notice the window being opened.

I also heard someone post that they were in the wrong place or something and got handcuffed. While in custody he heard radio chatter. “Shooter on roof dead, blood in bathroom, 2nd shooter on the loose.”

1 Like