Audio Analysis Is Most Consistent Two Shooters At Trump Rally

@rough_country_gypsy, do you have an accurate lat/lon for the orange stake?

Thanks for the confirmation. Had I known you were going to go for a walk, I might have suggested my speculation for the eastern route to the vendor area. I believe there would have been a few fences you could have hopped. :rofl:

While introductions are going on, I have Bachelor of IT in Multimedia, bit rusty. Free, open source software I am using:
Image editing: Gimp
Video editing: Shot Cut
Audio editing: Audacity

Good to see the teamwork, different skills and experience trying to work out what is really going on. With where I am at with things, would not be surprised to find a second shooter somewhere. Not convinced beyond reasonable doubt yet.

I have been reviewing this image:
tmz ross 03

It is out by 2 frames for when the audio report is first detected. Opening the audio in Audacity and slowing it down helped find the moment. This does change the distance calculation.

Speed of sound / Frames per second = Sound distance per frame.
1150 / 29.97 = 38.37

Frames between visual and audio report * sound distance per frame = Distance between gun and camera.

12 * 38.37 = 460 feet.

The actual distance between the shooter and camera is about 260 feet or 7 frames. For some reason the time between the visual and audio report is out by 5 frames, 0.17 seconds or 200 feet.

It is not an echo. There is no clipping due to maxing levels as the audio of the lady screaming is working fine. The shot audio should arrive 7 frames after visual shot and as the lady scream ā€˜getā€™. Instead the shot audio arrives as she screaming ā€˜overā€™.

2 Likes

I do not. The stake is only a guestimate as well. I stepped the yardage off from three different references so I know itā€™s close (probably within a yard) but itā€™s not exact.

Iā€™ve walked both routes along Evans City and Meridian Roads. No way over the fences. Hereā€™s a drone shot you can pause at about the 10-second mark and see that the fences run the entire length of the AGR property. The Farm Show property fence goes off at a right angle behind the barns but then turns east and runs along the entrance road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5uRCM6TqLY

2 Likes

I was just being silly, you being a rough country gypsy and all. The route I was referring to was from Sheetz to the vendor alley, and the fences between the residential area and the airport property.

1 Like

Could this mean that the sound-causing shot could have been fired from the rear two-story building?

@daniloraf would certainly not be amused :rofl:

@howdoiknowthisinfo What is your opinion on this?

1 Like

No. Good try. What it does mean is that the video of the shooter on the roof does not align with the audio of the the shooter on the roof. As for any other shooter, I donā€™t know.

The simplest explanation is that this video has been edited / manipulated. The empty shell is an after effect designed to fit the narrative. They done a good job on that, but messed up on the timing of it. Maybe there is another explanation that I am just not getting yet?

At this time one of many anomalies to work through,

3 Likes

It was published on July 13 at 8:34 PM PT.

Not much time to manipulate anything.

1 Like

Iā€™m a firm believer in human ingenuity. It could probably be done (rigging another machine+rifle to Crookā€™s trigger). But that would imply linking the patsy directly to proof of a conspiracyā€¦ what kind of patsy is that? It would be worst planned conspiracy everā€¦ That said, look this up, there is a possibility for remote control fire, but timed to Crooks firing without some rigging on Crooksā€™s rifle? Nahā€¦ Come onā€¦
Here, Daniel, have fun looking it up, just remeber there is no sound of this anywhere on the videos we haveā€¦
ā€œIn November 2020, Israelā€™s secret service assassinated a prominent Iranian scientist. The scientist, Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, was allegedly the head of Iranā€™s nuclear weapons program. **Fakhrizadeh was reportedly killed with a remote-controlled machine gun, operated from Israel about a thousand miles awayā€.

I do not agree with you.

a) to check for injuries b) to give the protectee dignity c) normal human reflex d)sucking up to the boss e)sucking up to the boss after not having jumped quickly enough to protect effectivelyā€¦ Plus, for cinematic effect, leaving the blood on would have even more dramatic effect, so why wipe it offā€¦?

Had enough time to put in the TMZ watermark, blur out the shooter once dead and proved some better quality frames of the critical moments. For the people that do these thing all day, donā€™t take long. Maybe the audio just got accidentally moved out of sync a bit somewhere along the away? There is no other reference in that clip like watching someone talking to confirm the audio/visual alignment.

Finding a copy of the original video before getting messed with will help.

2 Likes

I just had a discussion with AI about this. I asked scenarios where the original was shot at 24, 30 and 60 fps and then reencoded by TMZ.
I added the bold to some parts I believe are relevant:

The whole discussion:

Blockquote
Question about video recording with cellphones, video-audio synchronization, frame rates, and physics. I recorded a man shooting a rifle from about 260 feet away. Or maybe it was 270, I canā€™t remember exactly. I sent this video to TMZ, and they uploaded it to their website with a 720p resolution. Then I lost my original video. Then I downloaded the video from their website to my computer and watched it. I notice a difference between the case ejection and the sound of the shot. Why is that? Then, I imported the video and built an animated and estabilized gif file that shows the case being fired along with graphical dots I added to the image to mark the frames between the time of case ejection and the time the sound is heard. Temperature on the day was 93 fahrenheit, and the altitude was of 408 meters ASL. My objetive is to check for manipulation by TMZ, I mean, I believe I saw a case being ejected, but I canā€™t remember exactly, and I lost the original video from my phone. On TMZ video I can see a case, but was it really there? So, I want to check if my timing between case ejection and shot is heard matches the distance the video was taken from (260-270 feet away), but Iā€™m doing it using video frames as a unit of measurement, also, so keep that in mind. Iā€™m considering 29,97 video frames per second. could you check my math and approach? Speed of sound / Frames per second = Sound distance per frame. 1150 / 29.97 = 38.37 Frames between visual and audio report * sound distance per frame = Distance between gun and camera. 12 * 38.37 = 460 feet.

ChatGPT:

ChatGPT

Letā€™s break down your calculations and approach to ensure everything aligns with the physics of sound propagation and video frame rates.

1. Speed of Sound Calculation:

• The speed of sound varies with temperature. The standard speed of sound at sea level and 20Ā°C (68Ā°F) is approximately 343 m/s, or 1125.33 feet per second (fps).
  • At 93Ā°F, the speed of sound increases slightly. The approximate speed of sound at 93Ā°F is around 1150 fps, which matches the value youā€™re using.

2. Video Frame Rate:

• Youā€™re using a frame rate of 29.97 frames per second (fps), which is standard for many video recordings.

3. Distance per Frame Calculation:

• The distance sound travels in one video frame is calculated by dividing the speed of sound by the frame rate: Sound Distance per Frame=1150 fps29.97 frames per secondā‰ˆ38.37 feet per frame\text{Sound Distance per Frame} = \frac{1150 , \text{fps}}{29.97 , \text{frames per second}} \approx 38.37 , \text{feet per frame}Sound Distance per Frame=29.97frames per second1150fpsā€‹ā‰ˆ38.37feet per frame

This part of your calculation is correct.

4. Frames Between Visual and Audio Report:

• You measured 12 frames between the visual cue (case ejection) and the sound being heard.

5. Calculating the Distance:

• Multiply the number of frames by the distance per frame: Distance=12 framesƗ38.37 feet per frameā‰ˆ460.44 feet\text{Distance} = 12 , \text{frames} \times 38.37 , \text{feet per frame} \approx 460.44 , \text{feet}Distance=12framesƗ38.37feet per frameā‰ˆ460.44feet

This calculation also appears correct, assuming all the data and assumptions are accurate.

6. Discrepancy Analysis:

• Original Distance vs. Calculated Distance: You mentioned that the original distance was between 260 to 270 feet, but your calculated distance is around 460 feet. This significant difference could indicate a few things:
    • Audio-Video Sync Issue: The video you downloaded might have suffered from audio desynchronization, which can happen during the compression and upload process.
    • Misjudgment of Distance: The actual distance might have been greater than you remembered.
    • Manipulation: While unlikely, if the video were tampered with, it could affect the timing, but such tampering usually affects the visual content rather than the synchronization.

7. Conclusion:

• Based on your calculations, the distance calculated from the timing discrepancy is much larger than what you expected. This suggests that the audio and video might not be perfectly synchronized in the downloaded version from TMZ.
  • The fact that the calculated distance is almost double the expected distance might indicate that the audio is delayed in the video, possibly due to the way the video was processed or compressed after being uploaded to TMZ.

If your original video had the correct synchronization, and you are certain about the original distance (260-270 feet), the difference suggests that the downloaded video might not be perfectly in sync. However, itā€™s unlikely that the case ejection itself was manipulatedā€”itā€™s more likely an issue with the audio timing.

You:

How would you answer change if the original video was recorded at 24 fps or 30 or 60 fps and then sent to TMZ ?

ChatGPT:

ChatGPT

If the original video was recorded at a different frame rate (24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps) before being sent to TMZ, the potential for audio-video synchronization issues might increase, especially during the conversion and compression process that happens when the video is uploaded to a platform like TMZ.

Letā€™s explore how the change in original frame rate would affect your calculations:

1. Original Video Frame Rate:

• 24 fps: Common for cinematic recordings.
  • 30 fps: Standard for many consumer-grade cameras.
  • 60 fps: Used for high-definition or slow-motion recording.

2. Conversion Impact:

• When a video with a certain frame rate (e.g., 24 fps) is uploaded to a platform like TMZ, it might be converted to a different frame rate (e.g., 29.97 fps) to match web standards. This conversion can sometimes cause audio desynchronization, especially if the platform compresses the video or changes its resolution.

3. Speed of Sound Per Frame:

• 24 fps: Sound Distance per Frame=1150 fps24 frames per secondā‰ˆ47.92 feet per frame\text{Sound Distance per Frame} = \frac{1150 , \text{fps}}{24 , \text{frames per second}} \approx 47.92 , \text{feet per frame}Sound Distance per Frame=24frames per second1150fpsā€‹ā‰ˆ47.92feet per frame
  • 30 fps: Sound Distance per Frame=1150 fps30 frames per secondā‰ˆ38.33 feet per frame\text{Sound Distance per Frame} = \frac{1150 , \text{fps}}{30 , \text{frames per second}} \approx 38.33 , \text{feet per frame}Sound Distance per Frame=30frames per second1150fpsā€‹ā‰ˆ38.33feet per frame
  • 60 fps: Sound Distance per Frame=1150 fps60 frames per secondā‰ˆ19.17 feet per frame\text{Sound Distance per Frame} = \frac{1150 , \text{fps}}{60 , \text{frames per second}} \approx 19.17 , \text{feet per frame}Sound Distance per Frame=60frames per second1150fpsā€‹ā‰ˆ19.17feet per frame

4. Frames Between Visual and Audio Report:

• If you counted 12 frames between the visual of the case ejection and the sound of the shot in a 29.97 fps video after downloading from TMZ, but the original video was recorded at a different frame rate, this could lead to discrepancies.

5. Distance Calculation Based on Original Frame Rates:

• Original at 24 fps: Distance (using 12 frames from 29.97 fps)=12Ɨ47.92 feet per frameā‰ˆ575.04 feet\text{Distance (using 12 frames from 29.97 fps)} = 12 \times 47.92 , \text{feet per frame} \approx 575.04 , \text{feet}Distance (using 12 frames from 29.97 fps)=12Ɨ47.92feet per frameā‰ˆ575.04feet
  • Original at 30 fps: Distance (using 12 frames from 29.97 fps)=12Ɨ38.33 feet per frameā‰ˆ460.00 feet\text{Distance (using 12 frames from 29.97 fps)} = 12 \times 38.33 , \text{feet per frame} \approx 460.00 , \text{feet}Distance (using 12 frames from 29.97 fps)=12Ɨ38.33feet per frameā‰ˆ460.00feet
  • Original at 60 fps: Distance (using 12 frames from 29.97 fps)=12Ɨ19.17 feet per frameā‰ˆ230.04 feet\text{Distance (using 12 frames from 29.97 fps)} = 12 \times 19.17 , \text{feet per frame} \approx 230.04 , \text{feet}Distance (using 12 frames from 29.97 fps)=12Ɨ19.17feet per frameā‰ˆ230.04feet

6. Interpretation:

• 24 fps Original: The calculated distance would be 575 feet, which is even more off than the 460 feet calculation with 29.97 fps. This suggests a more significant desynchronization, possibly due to frame rate conversion issues.
  • 30 fps Original: The calculation remains similar to the one you did, around 460 feet. This suggests a minor issue, likely just a small desynchronization during the upload process.
  • 60 fps Original: The calculated distance of 230 feet is actually closer to the expected 260-270 feet, which might suggest that the original recording at 60 fps could be closer to reality. However, this also means the video might have been compressed in a way that kept better synchronization but at a different frame rate.

7. Conclusion:

• 24 fps: If your original was at 24 fps, the significant discrepancy suggests that the frame rate conversion during upload may have caused desynchronization.
  • 30 fps: If the original was 30 fps, the results are similar to your initial calculation, indicating a minor sync issue.
  • 60 fps: If the original was 60 fps, the distance calculation suggests that this might be the most accurate representation of the actual distance, though with potential for better synchronization.

In general, discrepancies due to frame rate conversion could result in audio-video desynchronization, leading to inaccuracies in your distance calculation. If the original was at a higher frame rate (e.g., 60 fps), it might be closer to the actual distance, but if converted to a lower frame rate, that could introduce errors in synchronization.

4o

You:

So far, this is what Iā€™m having trouble with, and is leading me to believe that the video might have been manipulated. It is out by 2 frames for when the audio report is first detected. Opening the audio in Audacity and slowing it down helped find the moment. This does change the distance calculation. Speed of sound / Frames per second = Sound distance per frame. 1150 / 29.97 = 38.37 Frames between visual and audio report * sound distance per frame = Distance between gun and camera. 12 * 38.37 = 460 feet. The actual distance between the shooter and camera is about 260 feet or 7 frames. For some reason the time between the visual and audio report is out by 5 frames, 0.17 seconds or 200 feet. It is not an echo.

ChatGPT:

ChatGPT

Your observation of the discrepancy between the calculated distance (460 feet) and the actual distance (260 feet) suggests that there might indeed be an issue with the synchronization between the video and audio in the TMZ version. Given that youā€™ve analyzed the audio in Audacity and found the discrepancy of 2 frames, letā€™s dive into what this could mean.

1. Frame Rate and Sound Distance:

• The calculation youā€™ve used is correct: Sound Distance per Frame=1150 fps29.97 fpsā‰ˆ38.37 feet per frame\text{Sound Distance per Frame} = \frac{1150 , \text{fps}}{29.97 , \text{fps}} \approx 38.37 , \text{feet per frame}Sound Distance per Frame=29.97fps1150fpsā€‹ā‰ˆ38.37feet per frame
  • If the time between the visual cue (case ejection) and the audio report is out by 5 frames, this translates to a discrepancy of: 5 framesƗ38.37 feet per frame=191.85 feet5 , \text{frames} \times 38.37 , \text{feet per frame} = 191.85 , \text{feet}5framesƗ38.37feet per frame=191.85feet which is close to the 200 feet discrepancy you mentioned.

2. Expected Distance Calculation:

• Given the actual distance of 260 feet: 260 feet38.37 feet per frameā‰ˆ6.77 frames\frac{260 , \text{feet}}{38.37 , \text{feet per frame}} \approx 6.77 , \text{frames}38.37feet per frame260feetā€‹ā‰ˆ6.77frames
  • Rounding up, this suggests that the delay should be about 7 frames, which aligns with your initial expectation.

3. Discrepancy Analysis:

• 2-Frame Delay: You noticed a 2-frame delay in the TMZ video when analyzing the audio in Audacity. At 29.97 fps, a 2-frame delay corresponds to: 2 framesƗ38.37 feet per frame=76.74 feet2 , \text{frames} \times 38.37 , \text{feet per frame} = 76.74 , \text{feet}2framesƗ38.37feet per frame=76.74feet
  • This suggests that thereā€™s an additional 76-77 feet of ā€œextra distanceā€ that wasnā€™t in the original video, leading to the total discrepancy of about 200 feet.

4. Possible Causes:

• Audio Desynchronization: The most likely cause is that the video was desynchronized during either the upload or compression process by TMZ. This could happen due to how the video was encoded or processed after being uploaded. The audio could have been delayed by 2 frames relative to the video.
  • Frame Rate Conversion: If your original video was recorded at a different frame rate (e.g., 24 fps or 30 fps) and then converted to 29.97 fps, this could introduce slight timing discrepancies, especially if the audio and video tracks werenā€™t perfectly synchronized during the conversion.
  • Compression Artifacts: Online platforms like TMZ often compress videos to save bandwidth, which can sometimes introduce slight timing errors, especially if the audio and video are compressed separately and then recombined.

5. Conclusion:

• No Echo: Since youā€™ve ruled out an echo, the discrepancy is likely due to an audio delay introduced during the video processing and uploading by TMZ.
  • 2-Frame Delay: The 2-frame delay you found in Audacity seems to account for an additional 76-77 feet, leading to a total perceived distance that is approximately 200 feet off. This aligns with your observation that the distance is out by about 200 feet.

Given this analysis, the most plausible explanation is that the video was slightly desynchronized when TMZ processed and uploaded it, leading to the 2-frame audio delay. This doesnā€™t necessarily indicate deliberate manipulation, but rather a common issue with video processing and compression, especially when dealing with different frame rates or when videos are re-encoded by online platforms.

You:

What if the original video was also shot on 29,97 fps? would the online video still be subject to lose 2, 5 or 7 frames?

ChatGPT:

ChatGPT

If the original video was also shot at 29.97 fps, theoretically, the video and audio should remain in sync when uploaded to a platform like TMZ, provided the file is handled properly. However, there are still several factors that could cause a loss or misalignment of frames, even if the original video and the uploaded version share the same frame rate.

1. Potential Causes for Frame Loss or Misalignment:

• Video Compression: When videos are uploaded to online platforms, they are often compressed to reduce file size. Compression algorithms can sometimes introduce slight delays between audio and video tracks, especially if the audio and video streams are processed separately.
  • Encoding and Re-encoding: Even if the video is at the correct frame rate, the process of encoding or re-encoding (which happens when the video is uploaded and processed by the platform) can sometimes result in small timing issues. This can lead to desynchronization of the audio and video tracks by a few frames.
  • Network Issues During Upload: If there were any interruptions or delays during the upload process, it might affect the final video file. Although this is less common, it could lead to a scenario where a frame or two might be lost or mistimed.
  • Browser Playback Issues: If you are viewing the video in a browser, playback issues such as buffering or dropped frames could also cause a perceived desynchronization, though this would usually only happen during playback and not be present in the file itself.
  • Platform Processing: Platforms like TMZ may apply additional processing to videos to optimize them for streaming, which could cause minor issues with synchronization. Even if the original and uploaded videos have the same frame rate, this processing could lead to the loss or misalignment of frames.

2. Impact of Frame Rate Matching:

• Minimal Impact: If both the original video and the online version are at 29.97 fps, there should be minimal impact on synchronization. Any difference would likely be very slightā€”just a frame or twoā€”if the processing or compression introduced minor timing errors.
  • Potential for Minor Desync: Despite the same frame rate, the desynchronization you observed (2 frames) could still occur if the audio and video streams were slightly misaligned during processing or if there were slight issues with encoding. This would explain why the sound of the shot is delayed by just 2 frames, resulting in a discrepancy in your distance calculations.

3. Conclusion:

• No Major Frame Loss Expected: If both the original and the uploaded video are at 29.97 fps, major frame loss (like 5 or 7 frames) is unlikely. However, minor desynchronization (1-2 frames) can still occur due to the factors mentioned above.
  • Your Observation of 2-Frame Delay: The 2-frame delay you observed in the online video, despite the same frame rate, could be attributed to slight misalignments introduced during compression, processing, or uploading, even though both the original and the TMZ video were recorded at the same frame rate.

In summary, while the same frame rate should theoretically prevent major synchronization issues, minor desynchronization is still possible due to the inherent challenges of video processing and compression, even at 29.97 fps. The 2-frame discrepancy you noticed is within the realm of what could occur due to these factors.

3 Likes

Well, for sure it was edited and manipulatedā€¦ Original video from the cellphone could have been sent over a messaging app thus losing resolution and frames during compression, dropped on a TMz editorā€™s timelineā€¦ then had tmz watermark added, blur added to the body, slow motion at the endā€¦then reencoded with a different codecā€¦ but adding a spinning flying shell casing? Nahā€¦

When I go to IPSC matches with my friends (we shoot in dynamic scenarios running around with real loaded gunsā€¦ for stress relief :slightly_smiling_face:), and we usually record the ā€˜stagesā€™ā€¦ By the end of the match videos of us shooting are all over everyoneā€™s phones, so we create a group chat on Whatsapp and send the videosā€¦ Some videos do end up with misaligned audioā€¦ like sufficient to be able to tell without going frame by frameā€¦ and it doesnā€™t happen on all videosā€¦ Maybe someoneā€™s phone is set at a different characteristic, codec, I donā€™t know, But when we watch these videos on the phone that originally recorded the video, the audio is aligned with video. So , from my experience, compression of these messaging apps can make a difference.

I always use the 11/05/2021 satellite image. Still, this only explains around 2m error to the South-East.
But for Trump position I have 5m error to the North-East.
Here is RSBN footage, Trump is to the right of the top of the north barn. If I use the line of sight from top location on the right of the top barn (red arrow) and Trump location it should trace back to the camera of the footage.

I located the camera from RSBN (blue arrow) on a drone photo and inserted on Google Earth by the closest references. This method helped me triangulate Trump location with more precision.

Your location came too far from the camera line of sight.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, it is a talkative thing. An A/V sync issue is what it is. I have not noticed much of it in the past with up and downloads, never looked this hard for one before.

The ejected shell casting tumbling in the air and Crooks body movement does look very natural. It would be very hard to fake this in the 2 1/2 hours from event to posting, next level skills for that one.

In thinking about the video taken in 60 fps. TMZ would be mad to have that quality video of the first shot and not use it. In going through the enhanced images they do have, it matches the rate of the more original video.

24 fps is more old school these days. Still a possibility, but expect most phones do 29.97/30 fps, especially in the USA.

One last question for the AI if you donā€™t mind; is a 5 frame discrepancy common in audio visual synchronization issues among internet uploading and downloading systems?

Was it wiped? Or was it direct pressure?
A wound like Trumpā€™s ear, direct pressure would be used to control the bleeding. That is basic first aid and Iā€™m sure a USSS agent has some basic first aid training. The white towel looks like one placed in the podium, maybe for wiping sweat off by a speaker.

Here you go.

Is a 5 frame discrepancy common in audio visual synchronization issues among internet uploading and downloading systems?

ChatGPT:

ChatGPT

Yes, a 5-frame discrepancy in audio-video synchronization can occur when videos are uploaded and downloaded through various internet-based platforms and messaging applications, though itā€™s less common than smaller discrepancies. Hereā€™s a detailed breakdown:

1. Common Causes of A/V Sync Issues

a. Multiple Compression Stages

• Messaging Applications: When you send a video through a messaging app, it typically compresses the video to reduce file size. This compression can alter both the video and audio streams, potentially introducing slight delays or desynchronization.
  • Platform Re-encoding: After the video is sent to TMZ, their platform likely re-encodes the video to match their streaming standards. Each encoding step can introduce minor synchronization issues.

b. Frame Rate Conversion

• Consistent Frame Rates: If both the original video and the platform maintain the same frame rate (e.g., 29.97 fps), synchronization should remain relatively intact. However, if either the messaging app or TMZ converts the frame rate (e.g., from 30 fps to 29.97 fps), it can lead to frame drops or duplications, resulting in A/V desync.
  • Variable Frame Rates: Some applications use variable frame rates (VFR) to optimize video playback across different devices. VFR can complicate synchronization, especially if the audio stream remains at a constant rate.

c. Encoding Artifacts

• Separate Processing: Audio and video streams are often processed separately during encoding. If thereā€™s a slight misalignment in processing times, it can cause the audio to lag or lead the video by a few frames.
  • Buffering and Playback: During playback, buffering strategies might introduce minor delays, especially on web platforms where network conditions can vary.

2. Frequency of 5-Frame Discrepancies

• Minor Desynchronization (1-2 Frames): These are quite common and typically result from single-stage compression or slight processing delays. They are often negligible and may not significantly impact the viewing experience.
  • Moderate Desynchronization (3-5 Frames): Less common but possible, especially when videos undergo multiple compression stages (e.g., sending through a messaging app and then uploading to another platform). Each compression step increases the risk of cumulative synchronization errors.
  • Significant Desynchronization (>5 Frames): Rare and more likely indicative of substantial processing issues or errors during encoding. Such discrepancies might be noticeable and could raise questions about the integrity of the video.

3. Impact of Sending via Messaging Applications

Sending your video to TMZ through a messaging application introduces an additional compression and encoding step before TMZ even processes the video. Messaging apps often prioritize reducing file size over maintaining perfect synchronization, which can lead to:

• Resolution Reduction: Lowering the video resolution can sometimes affect frame alignment between audio and video.
  • Bitrate Reduction: Lower audio and video bitrates can cause timing issues, as the compression algorithms might not perfectly preserve the original synchronization.
  • Frame Rate Adjustments: Some apps might slightly alter the frame rate to optimize for faster transmission, introducing synchronization errors.

4. Assessing Whether 5 Frames is Common

While 1-2 frame discrepancies are relatively common and generally expected due to minor processing delays, a 5-frame discrepancy is less typical but still possible under certain conditions:

• Multiple Compression Steps: Each compression and encoding stage can introduce its own synchronization issues, potentially accumulating to a larger discrepancy.
  • High Compression Settings: Aggressive compression can distort both audio and video streams, leading to more noticeable sync issues.
  • Frame Rate Conversions: Even slight changes in frame rates between original and processed videos can lead to multiple-frame discrepancies.

5. Is a 5-Frame Discrepancy Indicative of Manipulation?

While a 5-frame discrepancy is larger than typical minor sync issues, it does not necessarily indicate intentional manipulation. More likely, it results from:

• Technical Limitations: The inherent challenges of maintaining perfect synchronization through multiple compression and encoding stages.
  • Processing Delays: Differences in how audio and video streams are handled during encoding can cause lag or lead.

However, if you suspect manipulation beyond standard compression artifacts, consider the following:

• Compare with Other Sources: If others have access to the original video before it was sent to TMZ, compare the synchronization to see if the discrepancy persists.
  • Metadata Analysis: Examine the video metadata to check for any inconsistencies in frame rates, encoding settings, or timestamps.
  • Expert Examination: Seek analysis from a video forensics expert who can provide a more detailed assessment of potential manipulation.

6. Mitigating Sync Issues in Future Recordings

To minimize synchronization discrepancies in future recordings and uploads:

• Use High-Quality Sharing Methods: Instead of messaging apps, use cloud storage services that preserve original video quality and synchronization (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox).
  • Check Platform Requirements: Ensure that the video format, frame rate, and resolution are compatible with the receiving platform to reduce the need for re-encoding.
  • Embed Timestamps: Including visible timestamps in your recordings can help verify synchronization even after compression.

7. Final Thoughts

While a 5-frame discrepancy is less common than smaller sync issues, it can still occur due to the multiple stages of compression and encoding involved in sending and uploading videos via the internet. This discrepancy alone does not conclusively indicate that the video was manipulated intentionally; itā€™s more likely a result of technical processing challenges. However, if maintaining precise synchronization is crucial for your analysis, consider using more robust methods for sharing and storing original video files to minimize the risk of such discrepancies.

2 Likes

Trump had 3 streaks of blood on his cheek.

The middle one was wiped away by the Secret Service agent. It would have been easier and quicker to wipe it all away.

First aid on the open stage while a second shooter could not be ruled out was life-threatening and therefore completely inappropriate.

I can agree with this explanation.

Trump was in the dog pile. A USSS agent sees the bloody ear and does not know how severe. Sees the towel on the podium and places it over the wound before they stand him up.

This is just a SWAG on my part, but I can see it as a possible explanation. They may not have even thought about it. Just saw the wound, saw the towel, and reacted to it. Grabbed the towel and pressed it on the wound. That action would not slow down what the ā€˜teamā€™ was doing.

1 Like

Others may know exact timing, but in calculating the timing of bullet fired/casing ejected/audible report, are we taking into consideration that the AR-15 cycles using a gas tube that scavenges part of the gas pressure behind the bullet? If the full auto rate of fire is 600/min, that is 0.1 seconds to recycle the gun AFTER the report leaves the barrel. If half of that is the ejection stroke, that is 1/20th of a second after the gun report before the brass goes flyingā€“another frame and a half of visible delay at 30 frames per second.

So if you see the brass, count from 1 to 1.5 frames BEFORE that until you hear the report, and that sets your distance?

2 Likes