Chris Reacts to the Putin Interview

Yes, I remember!

2 Likes

Up to 121 million since you posted Jan.

5 Likes

It was really poor quality all the way through for me too. I have no idea if this is true, but my hypothesis was that Rumble was probably experiencing record server traffic from all the various people doing similar things, having live discussions of the interview. Perhaps their bandwidth couldn’t keep up?

2 Likes

Putin did mention the atrocities committed by Stalin, although a bit obliquely. The Ukrainian forced starvation was perhaps the largest of these atrocities.

7 Likes

I’ve observed this myself with other videos like some of Redacted’s content. It always seems to occur when they discuss “interesting” content too. Color me suspicious.

That’s possible for live streams, but for recorded content their stream ingest should be on separate network circuitry from live streaming, so any lossiness in quality would typically be somewhere between the streaming endpoint and their ingest endpoint(s). If the recorded video looks like crap after it’s been uploaded, then it would have theoretically been due to congestion, saturation, o some kind of disruption between the uploading endpoint and their ingest.

Not to say that TPTB do not possess the technology and capability for sabotaging those streams somewhere in between, it has happened many times before with podcasters in alt media.

2 Likes

This reminds me of a section of the very fine book “The Missing Times” which was written by the late husband of a PP member. (Though I have not seen @agitating-prop-2 here for a while). The section of the book refers to Gene Pope, a member of the CIA’s “psychological warfare unit.” (and a close friend of Roy Cohn, who lived in a Mafia family.)

Pope’s entry in the 1984-55 Who’s Who reads simply, “intelligence officer, CIA, 1951.”

Terry Hansen describes the probable CIA origins of the National Enquirer and its role in the CIA psychological warfare operation with respect to UFOs. The placing of UFO stories next to absolutely absurd stories about 2 headed cows, etc. was part of the discrediting operation.

The start of the National Enquirer

The [National] Enquirer’s founding publisher, Generoso Pope Jr., who died in 1988, was the son of another newspaperman, Generoso Pope Sr., publisher of the influential Italian American newspaper Il Progresso. In common with countless other newspaper publishers then and now, Pope Sr. craved not only money but also political power and influence. He used Il Progresso to support his friends and allies inside New York City’s Tammany Hall political machine, thus becoming an influential East Coast power broker.

His son, Generoso Pope Jr. (hereafter referred to as Gene Pope), attended high school at New York’s Horace Mann School for Boys where he had become close friends with Roy Cohn, later to become notorious as a well-connected right-wing lawyer and assistant to Senator Joseph McCarthy. Gene Pope was evidently unusually bright. In 1946, when he was just 19 years old, Pope graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a degree in engineering. Simultaneously, Gene served as vice president of the family’s sand and gravel company which, according to Hogshire, was characterized as a racket by the FBI. (Because of ties to organized crime figures, the FBI continued to keep tabs on the Pope family for years to come.)

Following the death of Pope Sr. in 1950 and what seems to have been an internal family struggle over control of the inheritance, Gene Pope left Il Progresso (or was forced out) and found an unusual new job in what he described as “the CIA’s psychological warfare unit.” [441] Just what this entailed remains a mystery. Although Pope didn’t exactly hide his CIA past, he never talked about why he went to work for the Agency, or what he did for them while there. (Pope’s entry in the 1984-55 Who’s Who reads simply, “intelligence officer, CIA, 1951.”) It is worth pondering for a moment how Gene Pope might have been recruited into the CIA. Perhaps he’d first come to the attention of the intelligence community after rubbing shoulders with undercover OSS agents at Il Progresso. Alternatively, Pope may have been recruited at MIT where, as Jim Hogshire pointed out, the CIA had set up the MIT Center for International Studies in 1950.[442] Whatever the case, Gene left the Agency after only a year. In 1952, the 25-year-old Pope purchased the New York Enquirer from the Hearst publishing empire for $75,000 using what he described as “an interest-interest-free loan” for $20,000 as a down payment. (This paper was later renamed the National Enquirer.) The newspaper was then in dire financial condition and required regular infusions of cash over the next six years until it finally began to show a modest profit. Jim Hogshire reported that the total investment required to make the paper profitable was around $250,000 — no trivial sum in the early 1950s.

Funding of the struggling Newspaper

Sources close to Pope say this money came from mobster Frank Costello who was godfather to Gene Pope’s children. Gene Pope, however, strongly denied that Mafia money bankrolled the Enquirer. On the surface this claim seems to defy the circumstantial evidence but, in a convoluted way, he may actually have been telling the truth. The Enquirer’s alleged financier, mobster Frank Costello, was well connected with both the U.S. intelligence community and the East Coast political establishment. His friends included FBI director J. Edgar Hoover (for whom he reportedly fixed horse races) and rum runner and stock market manipulator Joseph Kennedy, founder of the Kennedy political dynasty. Costello had also been among a select group of underworld leaders recruited during World War II by the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) and Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) to assist in intelligence gathering and counter sabotage in East Coast ports.

For these and other reasons soon to be described, we should consider the possibility that Pope’s true source of financing for the Enquirer was his former employer, the CIA. After all, if the Agency wanted to provide covert financing for yet another component of its rapidly expanding propaganda network, what better way to do it than to launder the funds through a known Mafia leader? In those innocent days, who would possibly have suspected that the Mafia and the U.S. intelligence community were in bed with each other?

Getting a “Sleazy Tabloid” into Supermarkets

If all of this isn’t quite suspicious enough, there’s even more. For the publisher of what is normally perceived as a just sleazy tabloid, Pope had powerful connections within the highest levels of the U.S. government. When he was having trouble getting the Winn-Dixie grocery story chain to carry his paper, Defense Secretary Melvin Laird, of all people, came to the rescue. Laird arranged for grocery store executives to tour the White House where they spent half an hour chatting with President Richard Nixon. Winn-Dixie owners were so impressed with Pope’s high-level influence that they changed their minds and accepted the tawdry Enquirer into their stores. When asked by Forbes magazine reporter John A. Byrne how he had acquired such influence, Pope responded mysteriously, “It’s politics. One hand washes the other.” [446]

UFO Headlines Did Not Sell Well

“On one wall of a hallway at the Enquirer building in Lantana, Florida, there used to be a large cork board (and it may still be there),” Pratt explained. “On that board every issue of the Enquirer was listed for several years with the issue’s top page-one headline, the main photo and possibly some other information. Also listed were the initial sales figures… And issues with a UFO headline never sold well, no matter what kind of photo went with it.

Yet Pope Remained Committed to Funding and Publishing UFO stories

Late in his career covering UFOs at National Enquirer, reporter Pratt came to understand that Pope actually DID believe that the UFOs were real.

And the National Enquirer’s function was to degrade perception of their validity.

Hansen, Terry. The Missing Times: News Media Complicity in the UFO Cover-up . Terry Hansen. Kindle Edition.

3 Likes

In just over 40 minutes, another 4 million views - 6 million per hour.

4 Likes

This is a prime example of what I was talking about in this post I recently made:
https://tribe.peakprosperity.com/t/musings-on-site-discord-and-disunity-from-a-long-time-member/37960

You have, according to your profile, been around since 2011. Your posting on this thread is the first time, as far as I can recall, that I have ever seen your name - and I am on this site a lot!

So, to my point, you are making a claim that you know Putin, had him in your home. For me to believe such claims, it is nice to have some kind of a track record that gives an indication of someone’s credibility. Without that, it is hard for me to put any stock in it. Also, why now, on this thread, when there have been many other discussions about Putin and Russia. It does not make sense to me, and therefore strikes me as an attention seeking kind of comment.

Just my two cents on why I called it out.

3 Likes

I am trying to listen to Chris’s video. I wish Evie would learn to use her microphone correctly. It is right in front of her but she doesn’t speak into it. I can’t hear what she says. I hope the replay gets better as it goes along.

For the Webmaster. Trying to listen to the replay. I have to open a separate window for the replay video. I can comment in one window but if I start a comment, the video goes away. So have to use 2 separate windows.

1 Like

I listened to the whole Putin interview. Putin has restored hope for me. I heard Hal Turner’s comments a few days ago where he claimed we are going to be nuclear bombed by the beginning of May and this was very disturbing. Having heard directly from Putin that he does NOT want to nuke us, and understands how destructive that would be, I feel much better. Now I am only worried about Western “leaders” and their bloodlust.

3 Likes

How did that come about? What was your experience of him, up close?

2 Likes

Hmmm, so by placing UFO stories next to other, improbable, articles, the CIA even found a way to milk two-headed cows…

4 Likes

Celia Farber had some insightful first impression takes on the interview at her Substack:

I think the danger to the “West” as a result of this Carlson-Putin interview lies in the mere fact that Putin uses language to issue meaning , and we just do not do that in Biden’s America.
In Biden’s America, the politicians and pundits use language as sonic weapons of hypnosis, persuasion, and social control. So the first problem is how he (Putin) talks, leaving aside what he said. When he talks, he is overturning the entire Western tradition of talking yet not talking.

This too, from this morning’s Substack by Celia is worth considering:

More thoughts:

Putin refused to submit to the implicit tempo of the American Interview, or the implicit ethos of Performative Speech. He slowed it waaaaaay down. He acted kind of…Russian.

To me this was the most interesting thing—and I understand the geo-political content was shattering to the NATO-Nuland lies—of course it was. We knew this, for a long time.

But to turn the tables on how things are to be properly discussed and assessed, and to bring a giant bear named HISTORY into the room—wow. This was subversive in the extreme.

Not to submit to the tyrannical demands of American entertainment? Who does this Putin fellow think he is?

There is nothing—no subject-- we can not and will not convert to entertainment, seduction, and hypnosis. We even convert war into entertainment.

We don’t really talk. Ours is not a talk culture. Talk is turned outward, aimed outward, fundamentally performative, even at a memorial service.

Celia Farber’s Substack: https://celiafarber.substack.com/

9 Likes

A really smart boss/author I knew in the 60’s, Herman Holtz, advised reading the spectacular news magazines at the supermarket checkout counter as places the cia would use to test things.

They did that in “Men In Black” too. I love that movie.

6 Likes

Just how did Tucker keep up with the translation?
I did not see a ear bud in either ear
Does he speak Russian?

Just declining minds need to know

6 Likes

Ya know I wondered that too.

1 Like

I used to be involved in Humanitarian aid, the funding side not the real work on the front lines, although I visited many places that would not be on any bucket list. A huge amount of travel was involved and eating out all the time gets old really quickly so when I was in London I would hold an open house for people to come for a home cooked supper and a relaxed exchange of ideas. It is inevitable when dealing with large sums of money in politically sensitive areas that there is a degree of involvement with the various intel services. One of my best friends was a major player of then West German intelligence. He asked if he could bring a friend, which turned out to be Vlad, his counterpart in the East. They had been friends for many years and had travelled extensively on holiday together.
I Found him to be incredibly intelligent, talented and had a wickedly dry sense of humour. He came a couple of times and I really enjoyed chatting to him and his insights. It was obvious that he had a great love of Russia, Russians and the Russian culture. None of us knew, at the time, the position that he would fill. I have a great admiration in what he has achieved in turning Russia around from the basket case it had descended into. Is he perfect, no, but what leader is?

17 Likes

Thank goodness you met Vlad the Impressor!

1 Like

We used to call him “Vlad the bad” !! He took it well

2 Likes