Coronavirus Infections Outside Of China Are Growing Exponentially

Mark - ughh - I’m having same problem, have to hunt through bits and pieces to find clues. “Is it cruise ship, military quarantine, in the wild” ? No info! …WTF…The CDC better get there shit together, this is ridiculous, like Chris mentions in today’s video, Singapore has info graphics pictorials describing all their cases!

What a crap show!
So the couple with Coronavirus toured through Maui and Oahu and dozens they came in close contact with were self quarantined. Now some will start to leave quarantine because of no symptoms…Well what if they are still asymptomatic? They have tested no one! How is this being thorough?

“State health officials say they have not found anyone exhibiting suspect symptoms of coronavirus in Hawaii and have not tested anyone.”
https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/02/people-being-monitored-for-coronavirus-in-hawaii-are-starting-to-go-home/

In Chris’ video above, at the 21:06 point, he introduces a scientifically peer-reviewed report published by the American Society of Microbiology on the possible dangers of secondary coronavirus infection (along with the associated web URL address for the report, in the lower right corner of the video). I actually went to this web page and read the report directly (to the extent of my satisfaction, I’m not a microbiologist). While I was reading, I was mistakenly under the impression that the paper was in reference to the COVID-19 virus, but in fact, it was specifically about SARS and MERS coronaviruses in particular, among other viruses.
As it turns out, the date of publication of this report is Dec. 11, 2019, immediately before the existence of the COVID-19 virus became widely known. And one of the co-authors is the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which means that research to understand this coronavirus antibody-dependent enhancement mechanism was being carried out in Wuhan for several months, if not several years, beforehand - on the viruses known to be most similar to COVID-19.
And maybe this research was being very secretly conducted on COVID-19 at the time as well? The timing is horribly coincidental.
Forgive me for any obvious paranoia and cynicism here, but it’s my guess that the name “Wuhan” will never be forgotten hereafter, pretty much like the names “Chernobyl”, or “Titanic”.

FBI has ordered $40,000 in hand sanitizer and face masks ‘in case the coronavirus becomes a pandemic in the United States’

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/20/fbi-orders-40000-in-hand-sanitizer-and-face-masks-in-case-of-a-coronavirus-pandemic-in-us.html =============================

Hong Kong cop tests positive for Wuhan virus

Hong Kong police officer had fever when attending party of 60 people

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3879223 =========================== There are plenty of videos showing people with the disease in China just dropping in the streets. This guy says this is in Hong Kong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSn2kZD41o ========================

11 people evacuated to Omaha test positive for coronavirus

Federal experts confirmed that 11 of 13 people evacuated to an Omaha hospital from a cruise ship in Japan have tested positive for COVID-19, Nebraska officials announced Thursday night.

The University of Nebraska Medical Center said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had verified test results completed Monday by the Nebraska Public Health Lab.

Ten of those people are being cared for at the National Quarantine Unit while three are in the nearby Nebraska Biocontaiment Unit. The medical center said only a few of the patients were showing symptoms of the disease.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/health/2020/02/20/11-cruise-ship-evacuees-test-positive-coronavirus-omaha/4828442002/  

I think some scientists have a lot of explaining to do. The SARS HLA paper everyone is talking about today was published in March 2014 so it has no doubt been well read in the 6 years that has passed.
That means a lot of people in the virus industry have been tuned in to what has been going on for a very long time already.
Its just us outsiders who are now catching on for the first time. The simple obvious conclusion is that both SARS CoV viruses were deliberately created for the express purpose of depopulation.
Can we just say that out loud now?
Lets not kid ourselves anymore. Our own governments are prepared to kill us to balance the books, stay in power, meet environmental Green initiatives and correct imbalances created by health sciences that have been so successful almost anyone can live into their 90’s if they choose.
Something had to give. And since nothing did give this virus got dreamed up instead. Did the Chinese make it? Maybe. Did they make it with the assistance of the West? Probably. Are they all in it together?
Don’t make me laugh! Of course they are.
Snakes and bats remember. The snake symbolizes a serpent or dragon and the bat symbolizes the Eagle.

I can’t help but think this crisis, if it goes as bad as we hope it doesn’t, will completely change normal habits and things we do from day to day.
I’m of a mind how before the AIDS crisis who put on a condom for sex? Now, who doesn’t?
I have a uv sterilizer coming this week, to put at my door in a sanitation station for when I come home.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W7HSDPZ/
Its big enough that I can put my mask, glasses, keys and cell phone in, and run them for a term of uv light and hopefully kill any virus that I’ve picked up. I plan on a small plastic tote at the door with a inch or so of bleach water to disinfect my shoe soles.
I may or may not decide that I need a laundry basket at the door too, to remove my outdoor clothing and don a house robe and slippers.
Thinking about this, I realized that after your cellphone, the most probable carrier of infection is your wallet or purse. How often do we open both during the day? The credit card I use out in the world is not the credit card I want at my computer ordering from Amazon. How many odd things I rarely use (business cards, random gift cards) do I carry in my wallet?
Perhaps I should reconsider what I carry in my pocket for economic commerce. Maybe just an easily disinfected money clip, an ID, a credit card and some cash would be sufficient? With it going into a plastic bag when you enter. Remember, not everything needs to be disinfected if you don’t need it in your green zone.

ADDED: I write sci-fi and other fictional works, with a few published the last few years. As a writer I’m used to thinking of all the angles and ways you can screw your characters to further your plot.
A week or so back, I posted at the end of on of the video threads, this list of possible infection entry points. Something to consider:

“Knowing where the trap is—that's the first step in evading it.” Frank Hebert, "Dune".
I feel we are at the point that we can go from the planning stage to the tactical stage of this crisis, that is identifying the routes this virus takes to infect the population and the figure out the ways to avoid that infection. While each of us will have a different path to walk in this darkness, we will all face some common dangers, and some less than common. With the assumption that no one person can view all directions of a circle, that it is an act best done by many, I wanted to open a discussion into what are going to be the ways we encounter the virus, how likely it may effect us, and ways of which we can avoid becoming ill, and spreading it to others. Without judging the severity yet or the ways we might protect against infection (which we will cover later), I will throw out some general thoughts and observations about the ways I see the virus spreading. Please rate what you think is the severity of each of these routes. And any you see I've missed as well. --- Via Family Member: I think this may well be the most likely pathway that we get infected. The close quarters we live with our partners, children, parents and even roommates, means that when one member of the household group becomes infected, it means the almost certain infection of the others in the group. This route is made more severe by the asymmetrical nature of the virus, how it seems that an infected individual can show no symptoms, and still be shedding infectious particles. By the time you realize a family member is infected, you all will probably have it. Via Emergency Healthcare: A hospital emergency room at the best of times is a swamp of pathogens and illnesses, made worse by close quarters. With it being more and more likely this virus spreads via aerosol transmission, being able to prevent infection in such an environment is problematical. Yet there are just some medical help that you can not provide in a home situation. Inside of Your Car: You have to assume that the inside of your car or truck is going to be infected. While you can slow this down by wiping surfaces like your steering wheel, door handles and stick shift will cut the risk down, your clothing may pick up the virus and transfer it to the seats of your car. Child Care: Unfortunately too many people rely on third party child care, which often involves the children of people outside of our contact circle, making each child a possible route of infection. So too staff, who will be exposed and possibly infected. Handling The Dead: I haven't yet seen any information on how infectious the dead bodies are. I must assume that given the virus can live for several hours to several days outside of the body to mean that handling the dead will have risks. Also many people experience a loss of bodily functions at death. Fecal transmission I believe has been established. Bedding will also be infectious. Cleaning and preparing the dead for burial or transportation to disposal will carry risks. Accidental Infection When Removing PPE: More of a contact pathway, when removing your personal protective equipment, like masks and glove, you can accidentally infect yourself or your environment. Casual Romantic Partners: Not sure if bodily fluids are infectious, but the close contact any romantic encounter has almost certainly offers a pathway to infection is on partner is asymptomatic and does not know they are infected. Casual Necessary Contact: Sales people, store clerks even the police officer who pulls you over for a ticket can share a space with you long enough for infection. This can include physical items you pick up in a public area. A box of food at a store, which was handled by an infected individual just before you pick it up, may transmit the virus to your hands. Shared Meals and Food Preparation: We have already seen a group infection via a communal meal time happen. Though viral infection of food yet to be confirmed, shared meal prep, utensils and close quarters provide a pathway for the virus. Shared Sanitation Facilities - Public/Private: Fecal transmission has been established. Back splashing of contaminated waste water which aerosals provides one pathway, as does contaminated surfaces like toilet seat and sink surfaces. Public Transportation: Areas which have mass transit, like buses, subways and trains put large groups of people in close proximity and shared air. Domestic and International airplane travel presents risks as well. Private Transportation: Carpooling as well as Ride Share services like Uber and Lyft, present the possiblity of previous riders and/or the driver being infected and contaminating the interior of the vehicles. Work Spaces: Coworkers and work spaces can become infected by just one or two people. Those that work there, or those that need to stop by to conduct commercial activities can be infected. Those areas which are small and enclosed, like elevators will magnify the risk. Public Entertainment: Bars, concerts and theaters offer large groups of people sharing space for a length of time enough to transmit the virus. Surface Contact: Will depend on how frequently the surface is contacted. Out of the way door knobs will be less likely to be retouched before the virus dies. Exterior door handles which have many people per hour touching them will likely stay infected. Mail and Shipped Packaging: Will depend on the length of time it takes to get from first point of infection to the final destination. Exterior surfaces will be less likely to be infected due to exposure to the air and sunlight, though interior contents may present difficulties. Someone infected sneezing on a document, which is packaged and shipped by next day air, may still be infectious on arrival. Items shipped via sea transport, truck or train and not opened immediately less likely. --- What other routes of infection can you identify?

I ordered some light weight plastic rain gear from Amazon. Installing a simple, outdoor, camping shower in detached carport. Will shower, in rain gear, with disinfectant solution after unloading packages from back of truck. Rinse outerwear in bleach solution, hang on clothesline. I have to work out the sequence of steps I will use to go from a designated red zone to an uncontaminated green zone in the carport. Then into the house

My wife used to bleach our vegetables before starting to prepare them. She was African and had plenty of experience.
At first I thought the idea was nutty but once I realized what she was doing I could see how it made sense.
Basically she was making a veggie bath that was about the equivalent of creating chlorine for killing germs in the same way swimming pools keep bacteria under control.
She was not alone. All the ladies were washing veggies that way since African fresh food markets are bacteriological nightmares where everyone (both healthy and sick) are touching the food as they make selections.
The other thing she used to do was keep a spray bottle with a weak bleach concentration for washing down and spraying counters, doors and tools. And all this was long before Wuhan fever arrived.
So the knowledge is already there if we use it. But expensive consumer preparations that kill germs are not always necessary.
Cheap bleach does the trick.

Anyone else think holding a million minority prisoners in close quarters with a highly infectious virus on the loose might be a problem?

I think for people who wear glasses, this is going to be tough. We know the eyes can get infected from droplets or aerosols. Recommended is something tight fitting like swim goggles or a tight fitting eye guard. Chemistry safety glasses won’t cut it.

Yes, dtrammel it is a problem. It’s also a problem for anyone who lives in any kind of institutional setting. So not just prisoners but also homes for the handicapped, runaways, addiction centers, single mothers, abandoned children and old age facilities and barracks. The military is at acute risk as they are no more free to leave than captives.
Let us be grateful for our independence.

Thats brilliant kunga! I just put swimming goggles on my list of things to buy.
On a different subject, gold is up 88 dollars in less than 14 trading days. The hourly chart is starting to look just like the parabolic infection rate chart. Weird.

Chris, multiple articles I found said that secondary infection was worse because DRUGS TAKEN during first round caused tissue damage to heart and lungs. Is it possible it’s the drugs patients received that caused second infection to be worse? I have not found info clarifying if second infection was bad for those who had taken drugs first time vs those who had not, nor have I been able to find info on which drugs were taken that supposedly damaged tissues. Because of this I question whether one should accept if a doctor prescribes antivirals or other medication, at least until more is known. It would be “good news” if man-made pharmaceuticals are to blame rather than naturally occurring antibodies.

I agree that it’s a bombshell that the paper says SARS has no natural ancestors. But I see nothing in the paper that compares Asian HLA to other races. There is a suggestion there but no evidence. Or did I miss something?

Not so fast. Until now nobody knows where this virus came from. Both SARS and SARS2 seem to be weaponized virussen. China decided to study SARS which is, in the way of this world, logical and moreover, when they wouldn’t do that would be risking to be accused of dangerous neglect.
It seem to me that SARS in 2003 was way out the technological league of China.
And now we have SARS2 with subtle changes in the SPIKE protein and MERS insertions.
Who profits ?

It is very clear from the start to the end of the paper. Others can read it here-
https://www.intechopen.com/books/hla-and-associated-important-diseases/association-between-hla-gene-polymorphism-and-the-genetic-susceptibility-of-sars-infection

ao, you said, “While the name of the website was changed from The Crash Course to Peak Prosperity in the past, I’m not aware of him [Chris] having any intention of changing it to Peak Corona Virus.”
Not that I was concerned about that non-issue, but I’m glad you cleared it up for Chris and the rest of us.
Movin’ on.
Thank you and have a pleasant day and an even better tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I believe that Chris and Gail have a tremendous ability to synthesize data points and their efforts are greatly appreciated by me. Here, Gail Tverberg summarizes the last 2 weeks of Chris’ daily reports. (Abbreviated)
[1] COVID-19 is incredibly contagious.
COVID-19 transmits extremely easily from person to person. Interpersonal contact doesn’t need to be very long; a taxi driver can get the virus from a passenger, for example.
[2] The virus likely remains active on inanimate surfaces such as paper, plastic, or metal for many days.
Surfaces in airplanes, trains and buses may also harbor viruses, long after a passenger has left. The only way to avoid spreading COVID-19 seems to be geographic isolation.
[4] The real story regarding the number of deaths and illnesses seems to be far worse than the story China is telling its own people and the world.
The real story seems to be that the number of deaths is far greater than the number reported–perhaps 10 times as high as being reported.
China doesn’t dare tell its people how bad the situation really is, for fear of panic. They want to tell a story of being in control and handling the situation well.
[5] Our ability to identify who has the new coronavirus is poor.
While there is a test for the coronavirus, it costs hundreds of dollars to administer. Even with this high cost, the results of the tests aren’t very reliable. The test tends to produce many false negatives.
[6] Some people get much more severe symptoms from COVID-19 than others.
Most people, perhaps 80% of people, seem to get a fairly light form of the COVID-19 illness. Groups that seem particularly prone to adverse outcomes include the elderly, smokers, those who are obese, and those with high blood pressure, diabetes, or poor immune systems. Males seem to have worse outcomes than females.
Strangely enough, people with East Asian ancestry (Chinese, Japanese, or Vietnamese) may have a higher risk of adverse outcomes than those of European or African ancestry. One of the things that is targeted by the disease is the ACE2 receptor. The 1000 Genome Project studied expected differences in ACE2 receptors among various groups.
Also, restarting after a shut-down is more difficult than it might appear. Take, for example, a mother who wants to go back to work. She will likely need:

• Public transportation to be operating, so she has a way to get to work;
  • School to be open, so she doesn’t need to worry about her child while she is at work;
  • Masks to be available, so that she and her child can comply with requirements to wear them;
  • Stores providing necessities such as food to be open, or she may be too hungry to work
[8] A shutdown of as little as three months is likely to be damaging to the world economy. Multiple things are likely to go wrong: (a) Commodity prices are likely to fall steeply, because of low demand from China. Oil prices, in particular, are likely to fall steeply, perhaps to $30 to $35 per barrel. Besides cutbacks in oil demand from China, there is the issue of a general reduction in long distance travel, because of fear of traveling with other passengers with COVID-19. (b) US businesses, such as Apple, will find their supply chains broken. They won’t know when, and if, they can ship products. [9] The longer the shutdown lasts, the more likely there is to be a major collapse of the Chinese economy. [10] Planners everywhere have been guilty of “putting too many eggs in one basket.” Planners today look for efficiency. For example, placing a large share of the world’s industry in China looks like it is an efficient approach. … the world will suddenly discover that long supply chains weren’t such a good idea.

Reported cases are the tip of the iceberg. Many infectious diseases manifest with a range of severity and the percentage of minimally apparent and inapparent Covid-19 infections are unknown right now. We do not know the true burden of illness from this disease yet. Early days.
Here is a well written article from Helen Branswell - an experienced infectious disease journalist who has covered SARS through novel influenzas to…
https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/20/experts-say-confusion-over-coronavirus-case-count-in-china-is-muddying-picture-of-spread/

The paper makes no mention of the frequency of the HLA alleles in other ethnic groups. All the comparisons are within the ethnic groups mentioned. Also it was written a good few years ago and so has nothing about ACE 2 pathways etc. I think it would be unwise to assume we in the West will get off lightly based on this paper alone.
The apparent evidence that the original SARS virus, and hence also SARS-2 presumably, have no natural ancestors and have therefore been genetically modified by humans to be more contagious, is a lot more worrying. If they were intentionally released we have even more to be worried about than we thought.