"Informed Consent" LiveCast: Divided We Fall; Is Cultural Destruction Planned?

Don’t Knock Phoenix!

I live in Tucson and we are so lucky on gardening - we can garden year round! In the fall, winter and spring we have all the seasons others desire. In the heat of summer - you are limited to only certain crops but okra, sweet potatoes, eggplant and some beans and squash all thrive. You benefit from shade in the summer. But all in all, we have more good gardening months than you do in the Northeast.

Where does your water come from in Tuscon?

Crunchy Things

OMG! I am a lover of crunchy things too! ?

most of Tucson water comes from the Colorado river by a canal and aquifer water.Tucson is doing a lot of good conservation stuff like officially approved composting water free toilets and financially reimbursing water roof catchment and conservation. Also virtually no lawns. Doing ok so far. Gardeners have to be careful and try to use re-used water like many people I know pipe their bath and sink water out to their veggies. Look up Brad Lancaster on YouTube to see some of our best.

3 Likes

Bees

The bee thing seems to be a problem here in Comox bc (unban/rural), No bees on dandelions or the apple blossoms (finally out) yet on the gulf Islands the bees are there?! How general is this?

1 Like

Potatoes

Agree wholeheartedly on the famous potato. Planting a bunch this year. My favorite is the Kennebec. Stores are all winter to the next planting season.

2 Likes

Abortion

On the subject of abortion and religion. Yes, we need to be able to talk about religion and politics. As a woman I find it odd to see abortion leveled as a “distraction”. As a woman with friends that had abortions, I have to say that having an abortion is the ultimate definition of freedom. Freedom to decide when you want to be a parent, one of the most important decisions in life. To be clear, this is about religion and the right to impose your religious beliefs on others. Being pro-birth is not being pro-life since the quality of life of the mother can be severely affected, not to mention the quality of life of children living in dysfunctional households. I know this is controversial but it is quite simple really, if you think your God doesn’t want you to have an abortion, then don’t have it. We have many social problems in this country, but the move towards a theocracy is not going to be the way to start solving them. I respect your opinions but to a young woman in crisis contemplating an abortion your or my opinion in the matter is something she can live without. End of story.

8 Likes

Rail It Is, Late And Over Budget

Hello, friends. I hope you are all doing well.
There you go again, Chris, separating the men from the boys with another stellar presentation. (Whenever I try to do that, I always find myself on the side with the boys.)
That’s exactly right. They seem to want to keep us stirred up and turned against each other like rats in a cage. As we hit peak oil, they are hitting us with Weapons of Mass Distraction left, right, and center.
In the lamestream media there still seems to be a lot of cornucopian happy talk regarding “Peak Oil Demand.” In my simple and unsophisticated mind, I’m thinking peak oil demand is not only a hoax and a myth but also fake news. Here’s why. Oil production is what it is, and then it is rationed by price. Imagine if oil was free and all oil products such as gasoline, diesel, and all oil-based products were extremely cheap just to cover the processing costs. In that case, I imagine that global demand would be over 500 million barrels per day (mbd) rather than the current 100 mbd.  People would be knocking themselves out participating in all manner of wild animal behavior. Here’s another scenario. A few months ago, there was a gas tanker truck that got in an accident in Hatti. Rather than running away, poor people grabbed their buckets and containers and ran to the truck to try to procure a little bit of the fuel. Tragically, the fuel caught on fire and over 60 people were killed (Lemaire et al.,2021). So, when people are poor, cold, and hungry, they will risk their lives for a gallon of gasoline. Therefore, in my thinking this peak demand fairy tale should be put to rest. As long as the global economy can afford to pay over the break-even point of the most expensive oil produced, oil will be produced pretty much as quickly as anyone can drag it out of the ground. So, the only thing that really lowers oil demand is demand destruction when people just can’t afford to buy oil products. Then there’s always this little complication of Energy Returned on Energy Invested which is also plummeting as Chris discusses. So, at the end of the day we will be compelled to leave a lot of tasty hydrocarbons in the ground.
Also, this idea that we can seamlessly swap out electric vehicles for gasoline cars has holes in it big enough you could drive a freight train through it. I can give your four deal-breaking reasons without even breaking a sweat. Here we go, I’m going in – lithium, cobalt, nickel, copper. That’s four reasons, boom, just like that. For God’s sake, we just don’t have enough of these and many other metals and minerals necessary for everyone to continue happy motoring in private cars. (I suspect the Bigs are not ignorant of these facts but are rather just lying sackapoos.) Furthermore, we still need vulgar amount of fossil fuels to increase production of these metals and minerals by the envisioned orders of magnitude. Also, Art Berman has talked about this. He pointed out that when you refine oil, you get what you get. You can’t choose if you want more gasoline or diesel or whatever grade of the tasty, refined products. So, Art asked, “what are you going to do with the gasoline that you no longer need? Are you just going to flare it?” Furthermore, only around 20% of total global energy consumption is in the form of electricity, so the vast majority of stuff runs on liquids, coal, or natural gas. Therefore, all electrical infrastructure would need to be rebuilt and reconfigured if the world was going to go predominantly electric. Furthermore, around 40% of people around the planet don’t even have clean cooking fuels, so natural gas, or coal fired electricity is likely the quickest and cheapest way to get them squared around. There is lots of sunshine in India and Africa, but they are building hundreds of coal-fired power plants. That’s how the renewable transition is working out for us. (It’s not.)
So, making a short story long, as I tend to do, I’m seeing the future of transportation falling into the domain of bikes and trains rather than cars and planes. You get a lot of bang for your buck with trains regarding energy consumption. Therefore, in my simplistic (simpleton) view, it seems like wisdom would say, if wisdom could speak, we should be using the quickly depleting fossil fuel resources to lay rail all over hell’s half-acre. Many people envision a future that looks more like the Jetsons whereas I’m seeing a future more like the Flintstones. They are talking a big game about driverless vehicles. I’m thinking more realistically we could have driverless trains. That seems potentially doable. Also, and this is big, trains and trolleys can run on electricity, so you can knock yourself out with green solutions, and the trains and trolleys can run with it. (Now, there is a little complication with electricity that few people talk about. You need a base load of constant power, and you need “peaker plants” to ramp up for the times of the day when energy usage spikes. Coal and natural gas are fantastic for both base load and peaking. Wind and solar are good for neither, so they have to be integrated into the grid mix above base load and below peak. God damnit! I hate that. The devil is always in the details, but that’s a good topic for a verbose narrative on another day.)
So, the bottom line is that we are wasting precious time and energy pursuing electric cars. I’m telling you straight that the whole endeavor will fall flat on its face with chronic shortages and supply disruptions. (Lead balloons are made of this kind of nonsense.) Global industrial civilization is collapsing under its own weight. There are many problems. My suggestion for a partial solution to help a little would be to lay rail early and often as if we knew what we were doing. All aboard!
Many thanks, friends. All the best.
Reference
Lemaire, S., Belizaire, J., Martin, Y. (2021, December 14). Haiti Mourns Victims of Gas Truck
Explosion. VOA News. Retrieved from Haiti Mourns Victims of Gas Truck Explosion (voanews.com)    

6 Likes

Evie has absolute troves to offer around homesteading and emotional resilience :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Exactly.

I’m not an energy worker, but understand energies, readings, all that. Something is wrong with the spike protein in both the virus and especially the vaccine. It attacks every organ, the blood, brain, lungs, liver, spleen - down to the DNA in the cell - and this is proven. I would say things are clogged - though that’s not the word I want. Moreover, it never goes away. It dies down, similar to herpes virus, but it just waits for stress levels to rise and boom. How Reiki, or other energy work can help to clear this out will have to be along with things like NAC, ivm, quercetin and so on in order to hit every node. There is no doubt in my mind energy is a strong precursor to how we react, but this virus is tricky, especially regarding the heart and blood. Keep reaching out and please let us know what you find.

4 Likes

Agree, rail is the most effective answer to our predicament. All these warehouses without rail sidings or access will be testaments to our lack of foresight.

3 Likes

I agree. Making money from money is the definition of financialization. It does very little that’s productive for society. But it makes a lot of money, which are claims on the real things that ARE of value.
So I agree. At the very least tax unearned income at MORE than the rate of earned income. But right now it is exactly the opposite.

6 Likes

I think that you worry about it is the problem. I was a full member, then cut back to save funds. I’m not here to show off a badge, I love this show and am grateful for all I’ve learned.

12 Likes

Sounds good, Chris. Fair enough. Yep, they are keeping us fighting against each other like rats in a cage and distracted with their new-school bread and circuses. I’m under the impression that very few people have any idea what’s going on. I try to look up articles on Peak Oil, but most of the claptrap out there is espousing peak oil demand. You might call these unserious people whereas I call them jokers. The story is that there’s plenty of cheap, easy oil out there. You want to know what’s funnier than drilling for oil under a mile of sea water? Drilling under two miles of sea water. Don’t pay any attention to the man behind the curtain.
Thanks, Chris, all the best!

1 Like

Very general. Too general. It’s noticeably very, very bad.

3 Likes

We’ve planted about 20# of Kennebec, and then another 20# of different varieties to test out various yields, performance and storage.
I feel like we need to plant 10x more, but I haven’t the time to convert the field space this year. :frowning:

4 Likes

Be sure you get the fourth edition. It is worth it.

I love Evie on the show.
It’s true that she’s not going toe to toe with Chris’ research or connect the dots prowess but she brings a balance to the otherwise ultra masculine approach of Chris
I don’t mean toxic masculine I mean Greek philosophy masculine.
Evie helps bring that “other kind” of truth that ultra rational dudes like me dont get otherwise.
It wouldnt be ok for me to cry when Chris reads a poem

20 Likes

Food Alternatives For Personal Control … Including Seed Sprouts

I recently heard an interview with a man who managed his primary food supplies from seed sprouts.
Ex.: broccoli sprouts were asserted to be more nutritious than the mature plants!
New learning skills required, though.

4 Likes