So It's Back To First Principles

There is video of Trump touching his ear and blood on his hand. Are you claiming the video is a hoax, too?

1 Like

So with the new Butler PD video.
The 2 vehicles in the video I was wondering about.
Is the cop who climbed the roof in the far right vehicle.
And the second video is the UTV and cop car to the left.
These cops were all guarding the water tower.
And in the shade.

1 Like

Hi Roger-knight,

For the shell being ejected, you can check it out on the links below. Do use a large screen monitor, and if you watch the TMZ video on youtube, it’s helpful to slow down the speed.

On this X post it will be easier to see in full screen. Both shell and recoil (look at the top of his shoulder)

https://x.com/Danilo8313/status/1821010254236139610

That is a case being ejected. On the video you’ll see it better because there’s motion.

None, I’m not familiar with the model’s dimensions. When I write about the parabola of the bullet what I had in mind was to alert the guys doing the site modelling about the ballistic trajectory, and how it can change due to the zero range configured on the sights, ammo characteristics, etc, so you guys can consider these variations.

1 Like

these are artefacts due to video compression.
this is where I see “casings” popping up and disappear…

we should also hear the distinctive sound of the shells hitting the roof.

however, this is not heard in any video I’ve seen so far…

1 Like

because he was shot dead before they thought of that possibility, and you can die only once :slight_smile:

ref 609 is taken from here:

ref 402 is taken from here:

and here:

I hope you are more clear with these two points and don’t hesitate to ask if you need any more clarifications. Below the two official referance documents:

1 Like

Watch the VIDEO capture on X on a large screen, please, and see that brass shine away during ejection. I marked it on the still frame just for location reference. It’s not an artifact. Watch the video over and over…

That, my friend, is a legit 5.56 shot, case ejection, recoil and everything. I’ll bet you my AR on it.

No, you wouldn’t hear the brass cases hit the roof on any of the videos. Definitely not with a rally going on. If the camera was on the roof close to Crooks then maybe, but not from videos filmed from the ground. Come on, man…

https://x.com/Danilo8313/status/1821010254236139610

4 Likes

deal. You will be shipping it to a friend of mine in Washington DC shortly :wink:

1 Like

I do agree that the sound of any empty rounds hitting the roof would not be picked up by that microphone.

When watching the video, it does have an appearance of a round getting ejected. When going through the video frame by frame and trying to track the path of the round it is not a consistent path, the path of if it was an empty shell jumps around too much to make sense.

I do not see any recoil in the shoulder.

Recoil is not something monstruous, and cases fly all over the place…

As we speak, the Rifle World Championship IPSC is taking place in Finland. A multi-day event, this friday being the last day. Watch this video at the mark of 2 hours and 28 minutes.

On this stage, you can hear some weird sounding crack-thumps, see how little the recoil is and also watch cases going all over the place while the athlete shoots… some fly directly down, some sideways, then forwards, then backwards… many very similarly as the one flying on that first shot by Crooks. Same caliber and rifle platform.

oh… and on this 2nd video at 14:15 you can see another athlete on the same stage, First Person Camera…crack-thumps, anyone?

1 Like

There are some problems with this photo being a bullet.

1/ The timing of Trumps position is wrong, he is like this after the first shot and before the 2nd shot.

2/ The length of the bullet. As a rough estimate, call it 1 foot, might be a few inches out. The shutter speed is 1/8000th of a second. This means this bullet is traveling 8000 feet per second. A rough number for a .223 is 3000 feet per second. Despite the error in this calculation, things are still way off here.

What this photo could actually be is the splatter of Trumps ear as it gets pulled into the vacuum trail left by the bullet. This splatter trail does not travel as fast as the bullet, stretches out and disperses over time.

This also helps explain how the photographer could of made such a lucky shot to catch a bullet. Has a bit more time and chance to catch the vapor trail that the bullet leaves in its wake.

2 Likes

Hi daniloaraf,

It is difficult to exactly recognize what is going on with the camara moving, but I took image by image from this small video clip and converted it into an animated GIF. Now it seems to be much clearer what is going on. Crooks seems to still be aiming, because he is moving his riffle, not ready to shoot? The smoke people claim to see is before the first shot is taken? Most likely people get confused with the watermark of TMZ? See animated GIF below. After putting these images together to an animation, I am more convinced that Crooks didn’t shoot the first shot, since he seems to be still moving his gun and aiming, 1 second later the first shot is fired, unfortunately right at the time of shooting an obstacle passes in front of the camera.

For a higher quality version here is the link:

Crooks-on-the-roof-4

4 Likes

Hi Kwaka,

1 - Well, you said it yourself, it’s a photo of the 2nd bullet. His right hand was down when the first bullet went by him. Is there controversy regarding which bullet this would be?

2 - The shutter speed does not mean the bullet would have to be travelling at 8000 fps. There’s motion blur on the projectile, after all, meaning the shutter was not fast enough to capture a ‘frozen’ image of the projectile. BTW, if we were to consider a common 55 grains bullet of caliber 5.56x45, which is the most common type of round for the AR platform, by the time the projectile reached Trump, it would have been slowed down by air resistance to 2700-2800fps after being fired with a muzzle velocity of about 3240fps. Any ballistic calculator provides these velocity values if you want to do further math. (on this page a few days ago I uploaded an image with ballistic tables given 6 different zero ranges if you would like to see the parameters for a common ammo).

3 - The splatter theory is not correct. That is a projectile. There’s a camera review not related to the trump shooting on the link below where a photographer explains how he once went to a range and captured bullets mid-air.

https://www.peterrussellphotography.com/nk1/nk12.html

Sorry, mate. I believe you and Chris are wrong, gif or no gif.

1 Like

In 1/8000th sec, a 3000 ft/sec objects travels about 5 inches. Why is the streak about 12 inches long in the Trump photo? In the photos of bullets in your link, there is no streak like that.

I don’t exactly know what that camera is like taking photos of bullets. One image that does look similar is done with smoke tracers:

https://www.dreamstime.com/realistic-flying-bullet-motion-smoke-traces-realistic-flying-bullets-motion-gunshots-bullets-motion-military-smoke-trails-image237671778

What I am suggesting is that the trace in the Trump bullet photo is of Trumps ear that got splattered.

I respect your opinion.

I have been busy back-tracing the first shot. Maybe somebody already knows the answer to my question: Is the shot that goes into the blisters right corner the first shot or do some people claim it is the 2nd? Maybe some video evidence?

Thanks for helping.

We are strong together.

This is the best video I have so far. The timing of the audio matches the first shot, the same one that hit Trump in the ear.

https://x.com/StealthMedical1/status/1813380222965927986

1 Like

Nice work! Thank you.

And I, yours.

Roger, if you’re working on a gun-ear-rail trajectory, check out the link below.

Ballistic Calculator - Trajectory already with common inputs

It should already load with the parameters i’ve selected considering a common 55 grains ammo for 5,56x45, which is the most common caliber and ammo for the AR platform, and also Butler’s atmospheric conditions at the time. Some parameters are things we don’t have, so we can estimate, but I know VT has also been working on this trajectory with many variations for what I could tell. If you scroll down to the table below the parabola chart, you’ll have the trajectory on the second column. Notice how the measuments increases dramatically after, say, 200 yards. The caliber’s adequacy decreases faster and faster the longer your distance, making it a less than ideal caliber for longer shots (keep this in mind when placing a second shooter on the map). Same goes for the Windage column.

So, to plot this out, I would start drawing a straight line departing the muzzle, parallel to the ground plane, in the direction of the target (this line will likely be above the target). Then, at the point where this line is directly above the target, i would place a point half an inch below. Then from that point, another point 1.91 inches to the left due do windage, and this point should be the ear (or very close to it, allowing for a margin of error on the whole model, table, bullet weight, ammo,etc). Then, from there, I would continue on the rail with the difference from the table between the distance of the rail and the distance to trump.

VT was also working on this, I believe.

2 Likes