The Top Four Inexcusable Investigation 'Errors' Committed By The FBI

According to this video his rifle might have been a bit overgassed for the first 3 shot and the casings ejected a bit to the front. No expert here so I can’t say if thats realistic, but to me the difference in the ejection pattern as seen in this video was quite remarkable.

I have heard that possibility

Firing 3 shots will not change how much gas comes through the gas block on that rifle. What ever the reason 3 casings ended up in a different location than the other 5 casing it was not because of over gassing.

2 Likes

So the only explanation would be that the next five shots he took he was Much further back from the roof line

Yes, I also follow him and saw his assessment yesterday. Good info.

At minimum the FIB “investigation” thus far is beyond sloppy and careless. One would have thought that crime-scene could have been totally secured and photographed carefully with everything in place before being dismantled and sanitized. This behavior screams cover-up.

Crooks is an oddity in that he seemed “genius” or “very skilled” at some things (bomb making, tactical planning, eluding security forces and getting off shots, etc.) but really novice at other things (a 1x optic, an exposed rooftop, openly wandering around and being seen/photographed, etc.). He’s an enigma that I think is only explained thru FIB help and training and allowing him there to LIHOP with some MIHOP elements.

3 Likes

Do we even know definitively where all the casings were found? Or if none were accidentally kicked by the careless troopers storming around on the rooftop for 30 minutes or more? Could have been picked up in boot treads and moved, kicked, who knows?

But I do know AR15 shell casings eject powerfully and can go at weird angles rearward, forward, or to the side or anywhere in between. They also can deflect off the brass deflector and that can send them in different directions. They can also bounce with some authority, could bounce off the ridgecap and shoot over the other side, etc. I don’t think much can be concluded based on the location of AR15 shell casings other than the ejection is X number of feet to the right in a general direction (forward, rearward, laterally).

Edited to add:
One theory is that Crooks took shots 1-3 from position A, there was a pause, and he moved to position B during that pause and fired 5 more shots. This might explain the sound patterns being different and the different location for 3 shells. And there is “some” support for this with the TMZ video that does appear to show he fired the 1st shot as evidence by barely perceptible brass casing and recoil on his body - although I’m not fully convinced yet. I do believe there were 2 shooters but I’m not entirely sure and my convictions on that are waning…

1 Like

@elmanchur
Here are the 5 casings on the northern part of the roof

On the southern part I could only make out 1.

Could the piece circled in violette be the missing part of his stock?

Also odd, what happened to the hair(?) circled in yellow? It has just disappeared later on.

Here is another piece that looks like it could be a part of his stock.

1 Like

Strange. The “missing” part does not look missing on image 5.
On image 3 looks like more missing than on image 4.

Speculation but it appears the rifle was moved numerous times, perhaps closer to or farther from the body for various reasons. If you study the patterns on the roof, it looks like the rifle was in different locations. Certainly tampering with a crime scene but seems par for the course …

1 Like

Of course it could be they dislocated the rifle more than just the one time they took it out of the shooters hand an placed it somewhere. But you can actually see that moment in the bodycam video BWC2-122104, at least that’s what I think I see.
The Top Four Inexcusable Investigation ‘Errors’ Committed By The FBI - News & Current Events / Public News & Current Events - Peak Prosperity

If there’s really one of the first officers on the roof dislocating the shooters rifle, then to me the distance where he put it down would match with where it was seen on the pictures I posted, when the first bodycam got up there.

Here’s a plausible scenario:
After Crooks is killed, the first officers on the scene remove the rifle and place it far away from Crooks. This is standard procedure for safety, always done in any similar situation whether the suspect is obviously dead or not.

Then later, before or after Crooks is removed, the return the weapon to next to where his body for crime scene photos to ensure they get the gun in the picture(s).

That would explain why there is no blood/hair in some pictures of the rifle but there is in others.

2 Likes

I looked into the BWC2-122110 video again, it’s the first images we have from the roof. At timestamp 18:17:00 (timestamp time + 1s = real time = 18:17:01) the rifle is first captured, lying 4 lanes on the left side of Crooks. The hair, or whatever this might be, is 3 lanes beside. At this point in time 3 officers (plus the 1 who’s filming) are on the roof positioned around the dead body.

At 18:21:14-18:21:16 the hair can be seen moving towards the ridgeline caused by the wind. That’s why I couldn’t locate it in my previous post.

In the Beaver County ESU bodycam video the rifle is first captured at timestamp 18:31:07 (timestamp time - 1m:39s = real time = 18:29:28). The rifle is still 4 lanes to the left of Crooks. 25 seconds later the hair can be seen 3 lanes beside, but just a bit further towards the ridgeline.

Even when the news helicopter took pictures from the roof (assuming around 9pm), the rifle is still placed at the same spot as seen in the first capture by BWC2-122110.

Therefore I don’t think they moved the rifle multiple times around, at least not in the first 2 hours after the shooting.

1 Like

Here finally a screenshot taken from Beaver Co ESU Bodycam 3 with all 8 casings in sight.

2 Likes

She looks being surprised or scared.