The Top Four Inexcusable Investigation 'Errors' Committed By The FBI

Thanks for the insight and the additional information.

1 Like

There’s a lot of conflicting information but one version is that Nicols left and locked himself out and his partner had to abandon post to let him back into the building
 If that’s believable.

My bad man. I trust the hunters here in the Deep South. They said it could have been switched to full auto. Furthermore Dr. Martenson had insinuated that the gunshots were at high speed (world record speed) at one point.

I have a NM (National Match) tuned trigger in my LRB M14SA. I have to be careful firing from the bench. I can make it fire multiple rounds if I have a loose grip with my trigger hand. I can say the same for some of my 3-gun match tuned ARs.

Chris was talking about hitting the targets at that speed.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. The barrel appears to be 16.5" (common for manufacturers to add that 1/2 inch to ensure legal compliance over 16") with a typical milspec birdcage type flash hider muzzle device which measures a total of about 18" barrel, without getting too esoteric about it.

Obviously, yes. This type of rifle has been in commercial production for many decades, and DPMS has made them for many decades
 A quick company research shows since the 1980s or 1990s.

Correct, it looks like the buffer tube (which houses the recoil spring and buffer) were undamaged and only the extended plastic stock was damaged. Here’s a visual image of what that tube looks like, without the stock, for those unfamiliar.

And the spring and buffer it houses:

1 Like

Such a claim would/should be taken with a high degree of skepticism. “Full auto” guns became heavily regulated and no more produced in 1986. I don’t believe (based on their founding in 1985) DPMS would have made any and even if they did a fully auto registered AR15 would be worth probably $50,000. For legal, practical, and financial reasons, hardly the thing this middle class family just lets this 20 year old “take to the range” every week, it would be a heavily protected family heirloom.

Additionally, “fully auto” is inherently less accurate than well aimed shots. The trade off is high rate of fire but less accuracy. Here, these final 5 shots were wild and came nowhere near Trump. So this demonstrates that faster firing is less effective - “fully auto” is most useful for suppressive fire or defending against waves of attackers. Not useful for a rooftop sniper.

Hence why your hunting friends really don’t know what they’re talking about. It wouldn’t have been useful and it doesn’t even sound like fully auto fire.

Now, it could have been plausible Crooks might have had a forced reset trigger or bump stock, but again it wasn’t necessary or useful in this instance because that speed of firing is achievable with any semi-auto.

That is mentioned nowhere in the radio comes or interviews. (Too embarrassing I suppose.) However, it accurately depicts what occurred when Nicol left door 9 at 6:13. Like other information and evidence, the story is basically correct, just the time is wrong.

1 Like

A lot has happened since I posted that comment. At the time everyone was debating 1 shooter or 2 shooters.and we were going off the audio analysis . I still don’t know where we are on this because when the body cams came out there was a flurry of info that came in. So much information that I lost the pulse of the investigation. When I posted I think we were still arguing abt the number of shooters and I just wanted to make sure that he (crooks) didn’t do something that we were overlooking. I appreciate you finally answering my question tho.

Agreed. Those five shots were clearly fast semi auto fire at which only a professional could achieve accuracy. For the unitiated, full auto fire can sound like a very loud zipper being pulled open. Compare the following to those 5 fast shots.

From a certain point of view:
An architect engineer told me, when he receives a plan to build a new house, the first thing he must check that plan.

Therefore. If you are a super special agent in charge at the site and you got the plan to execute, I guess you have to check it too.

(I watched an interview with a chief sniper from Israel. He said something similar. If you cannot take the risk with the given conditions, you should not accept the task.)

(In the army, we had to disassemble our weapons as possible to clean it. However, Crooks had no military training officially. But I guess he had to clean the rifle from time to time. (By the way, I had to shoot in the army only once, and actually that was 3 times blanks in the air at a funeral.))

1 Like

That’s the problem, she wasn’t a super special agent. She couldn’t even properly holster under pressure.

Pat Rogers of EGA, proved a properly built AR type rifle will run for tens of thousands rounds with just adding more lube as needed. Filthy 14, a loner rifle for his training company was never cleaned and went for over 40k rounds.

This is the guy.
super secret agent in charge

?
_

Not sure about the guy on first pic. But at some point there was a post about him. Maybe something with the USSS Pittsburgh office.

2nd pic guy was just a witness. I think you can see him in Dave Stewarts video sitting on a bench.

She (the can’t holster lady) was assumingly the Site agent in charge.

She was also on site prior to the event when they did their advanced site survey.

2 Likes

The bald headed dude is the lead agent at the Pittsburgh office and he is creepy.

He doesn’t seem surprised or concerned at the shooting on that body cam and I mean: not at all, not a bit. No alarm, no concern.

Creeeeeeeepy.

3 Likes

Hello, I’m new to the page! My only question was after 3 shots, why did the loser not keep the 5 shots towards the target ! Right at trump! I am glad they didn’t , but 3 shots, fbi jump on trump, why didn’t he try and finish the shot toward him and not randomly all over! If he did training at the range, those final shots would have possibly changed history! I have shot many at-15s with single push of the trigger to rapid shots, he’ll I even watched a friend use a bump stock, and he kept within the target (I realize that isn’t common for using such)

Also the vehicle parking (according to the 4 pm-ish text description could be the grounds keeper or that motorcycle !
In ending, everyone here is doing an awesome job! kudos to you all!
Jay

He looks like straight out of a creepy horror movie. The puppet master in the background, evil, really really evil. Somehow he doesn’t even look human. Shit, now I feel scared only thinking about him

1 Like

Hi Jay and welcome to the Forum.
The FBI probably just scratched balls. It’s the Secret Service who (should) protect the protectee, they were the ones jumping on Trump and building a human shield.
Concerning the shots: I think you can’t compare range shooting for training with a situation like this. Think about the stress level he probably had. It’s like in sports, a lot will easily score that goal in training. But when it really counts and there’s high stakes, only the best will consistently make it.

1 Like

I thought this was a very interesting analysis of the shooters rifle. One thing that is always bothered me is the fact that three casings were found on the south side of the roof. Based on this video at seven minutes 30 seconds or so it just seems like an order for those casings to have been found on the south side of the roof, the shooter had to be hanging over the roof line towards the southside, which would’ve made him incredibly exposed to Hercules one view. Also at about 19 minutes it’s interesting that he discusses his view as to how the stock got damaged. He believes it was the 10th shot not the ninth shot and also after that he discusses the fact that the rifle itself could not have been totally concealed in the backpack, even if it was broken down

3 Likes