Tracy Thurman : The War on Food (and on the Amish, and Farmers)

Interesting timing. DrudgeReport (now a captured news outlet) linked to this article on Yahoo:

It’s noteworthy as a benchmark for the issue. The fact that it was published at all shows growing awareness. And good news for Louisiana citizens.

2 Likes

Additionally, check out this 4 1/2 minute read aloud quote from during Woodrow Wilson’s time, 1913 to 1921. This is regarding one of the implementing and controlling bankers of the day - Edward Mendell House, found amongst the papers of Woodrow Wilson as a correspondence from Edward…

Then ad to that what Woodrow Wilson said in 1919. He dies in Feb of 1924. Also a quote from JP Morgan. All very shocking when you put it together…

3 Likes

Hi Kevin:

I picture your home as a little oasis of sanity, where books are read, while all around your neighborhood everyone has the TV on the requisite 6 hours a day, jibbering and jabbering like a mad uncle…or like the President of the United States. Think you made a very wise life choice in what you avoid.

1 Like

I drank raw milk for years…and gave it to my child…It was the best milk, very sweet, and even came with cream on top.

After listening to the conversation between Chris and Ms. Thurman I decided to use raw milk again. It is not found in my city, but about an hour away, across the state line, there is a store that sells it. I reached out to the farmer to see if there was a place closer to me that sells it. No, they said, they are forbidden from crossing state lines.

What a crazy world. They ought to just label the milk as fentanyl, because that seems able to reach every corner of our country. Or give it an MS13 tattoo and call it Jose Vasquez, illegally here from Venezuela…then the government will fly it for free all over America, in the dead of night.

9 Likes

I agree. And most entertaining. Tracey is one of those special people who speaks rationally, brings the receipts and has a plan. She can be in my community anytime.

2 Likes

Will be posting a link to this at my frmstand. This is the best interview I recall since I started with PP in 2009. We started producing rw milque and our h*rd share has taken off in the last 2 years. The demand is huge. A2A2 milque rocks!
Tracy showed an amazing poise and depth of thought.
This interview will change lives……please spread the word.

8 Likes

In some ways it’s better than that. This is a pic out my bedroom window.

But this is not my place. Making a long story very short, because I managed a Motel for a short while I was approached about care taking a 170 acre property. I get to live here for free, my only bill is for Internet access. But I’m not where I want to be yet from a ‘who I am’ standpoint. I still spend too much time in front of a screen. There are still changes/improvements I need to make personally. But I do value peace and quiet. And that is where I live. In lovely Central Idaho.

11 Likes

This talk was very inspiring. Our freezer was running low on beef, so this interview got me on the phone to the local farmer to order some more of the grass fed stuff. As we were chatting he mentioned his mother just turned 99. Living testimonial to a life eating real food.

There is just too much to unpack from that two hours. Thank you Chris for sharing this widely.

5 Likes

Was Tracy’s X (Twitter) information shared and I missed it? I want to follow her!

1 Like

If you want the freedom to decide on your own religious views then you DON’T want to live in a theocracy. This is a horror story from Malaysia where a movie on religious freedom got the director arrested by the Muslim government.

3 Likes

Great interview! It made me extra glad that I recently started ordering weekly from a local gourmet meal delivery service. The chef, Will Birge, is local and works out of a commercial kitchen. A new menu is provided weekly and orders are placed a week in advance and delivered on Sunday mornings. Meals stay fresh in the fridge for 5 days or can be frozen. The chef sources many or most of the ingredients locally so he’s supporting local small farmers and ecosystems. The meals are fancier than I would make for myself and more healthy I think. I don’t know if I’ve lost any weight but my pants seem to fit better in the months since getting Mealbox. Many of the options are low carb and gluten free. The meals are roughly $16 each but one meal is enough for my spouse and I to split so that’s only about $8 per person. You can barely eat at McDonald’s for that anymore. Also, it keeps me out of the grocery store so I’ve been spending less there. My spouse and I both work full time so it’s also been a huge time saver and stress reliever. I almost feel guilty ordering these meals but it’s really win-win all around (chef, local farmers, me) and they are sooooo much better than some kind of processed food I’d find from a corporate name brand at the grocery store.

Sourcing Standard: “We partner with local farmers and food suppliers to source top-tier organic fruits and vegetables, the highest quality meats, fresh-caught seafood, and nearly everything else from Nebraska & Iowa purveyors helping create a sustainable ecosystem in our local community.”

3 Likes

Where is this? Looks similar to where we are. We are Adams County (2A!)

The Iowa Supreme Court on Friday backed a jury’s $4.75 million award to a northeast Iowa dairy that for years suffered from stray electrical current in the ground from a nearby natural gas pipeline.

The justices unanimously rejected an appeal by the Northern Natural Gas Company, but they disagreed about how similar lawsuits should be litigated in the future.

2 Likes

In the Pahsimeroi Valley. The picture is taken in Lemhi 2L, but the mountains opposite are in Custer 7C.

I finally bit the bullet and joined X - TracyAThurman. Feel free to follow me there!

2 Likes

Thank you, at 99.5%! Glad to see you on here again. -Tracy

3 Likes

You know, Kauai has a bunch of wild chickens since many of the coops were destroyed during hurricane Iniki in 1992…just sayin’ it’s hard to control chickens once they’re out of the coop, but they’ll always come back if they find food :rofl:

In our neighborhood there are wild guinea fowl and pea cocks/hens. We consider them traffic control!

1 Like

Are you sure that’s your handle on X? Tried to follow you but “name not found”.

I wonder how far north you can get wild chickens. I’m in zone 4 and I assume domesticated chickens that have become feral wouldn’t be able to find a winter food source or water. Having a wild source would be great. Also having wild fowl Guinea’s would greatly reduce our tick problem.

3 Likes

Try eliminating the @ symbol. I found her there.